Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Array

School
    10th Planet Charlotte
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cook View Post
    The first guard pass that they teach you in MACP is the same one that they still teach in a lot of BJJ schools. It still works if you do it correctly. You scoop under the leg with one arm and you use the other to grab the pants and fend off the triangle. Really the way to fend off the triangle is to have really good hip pressure and posture.
    True, but like myself and Kevin have stated; Those are fundamentals that have to be drilled over and over. MACP level 1 is designed so that Soldier that is trained in Level 1 can go back to his unit and teach his battle buddies. A week long course doesn't allow for the core fundamentals to be taught. IMO Hand to Hand Combat is a reality. A reality that needs to be taken seriously regardless of MOS(Military Occupational Specialty) and adequate time needs to be given for it. I could go in depth over the verbal arguments I get in with MWR(Morale Welfare Recreation) when they tell me that MMA isn't recognized as a "funds available" sport to the Army. I just stay persistent and continue to ask for resources. So far I have got us a wrestling mat that is "EFFIN HUGE" and an unused racquetball court as my training facility . Sadly I am leaving this base soon and I fear that no one will carry on the torch I have held for the past two years. Hopefully I can get something started once I get to my next unit.

Array

School
    10th Planet Charlotte
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Green View Post
    Thanks Clayton...If you are really interested, contact me and Ill show you some of the stuff I taught them..of course ill wait till you get back from Central America
    Sure thing Kevin!!!

Array

School
    Triple Threat Combat Sports / Yamasaki Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy Delaware
    Clayton: Just keep doing what you doing...it will inspire someone to keep it going, AND if it doesnt you tried to do the right thing for your Soldiers. They will rember that and take that with them wherever they go...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234