Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford

Attention! Fraud and poseur alert in Connecticut!!!

Hey everyone. I just wanted to post this as an FYI to anyone in the CT/New England area. There is an individual out there claiming to be a fitness/MMA/Jiu Jitsu/Muay Thai instructor soliciting business for personal training and coaching. He states that he is a Jiu Jitsu coach, yet he has NO CREDENTIALS OR PROPER TRAINING. He has not been certified to teach by ANYONE and is delusional. He has made claims to being an instructor in the past. He has claimed to have been certified by me in the past as well. He may be possibly claiming 10th Planet JJ Affiliation as well.
    His name is Chris Stilwell, from Plainville, CT. He is teaching out of the Lion's Den in Middletown, CT and a fitness center in Bristol, CT. He may also be working in some capacity for NAGA (I have no idea how that came about, to be honest). So beware! He has personally done some shady things regarding me and my business in the past, so I know first hand.
    Last edited by John Roderick; 12-23-2010 at 09:33 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Philips View Post
    You can't hide from justice.... Or the Internet.
    Nope.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    hmmmm hes not on the list of instructers at lions den?? http://www.thelionsdenct.com/index.php/instructors/

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Quote Originally Posted by Emir Mehovic View Post
    hmmmm hes not on the list of instructers at lions den?? http://www.thelionsdenct.com/index.php/instructors/
    As I said Emir-he's shady and dishonest.

Array

School
    NA
    Quote Originally Posted by John Roderick View Post
    Hey everyone. I just wanted to post this as an FYI to anyone in the CT/New England area. There is an individual out there claiming to be a fitness/MMA/Jiu Jitsu/Muay Thai instructor soliciting business for personal training and coaching. He states that he is a Jiu Jitsu coach, yet he has NO CREDENTIALS OR PROPER TRAINING. He has not been certified to teach by ANYONE and is delusional. He has made claims to being an instructor in the past. He has claimed to have been certified by me in the past as well. He may be possibly claiming 10th Planet JJ Affiliation as well.
    His name is Chris Stilwell, from Plainville, CT. He is teaching out of the Lion's Den in Middletown, CT and a fitness center in Bristol, CT. He may also be working in some capacity for NAGA (I have no idea how that came about, to be honest). So beware! He has personally done some shady things regarding me and my business in the past, so I know first hand.
    i think it's evident that you don't like this guy...i don't see him claiming anything other than being a personal trainer LIKING jiu jitsu and even liking 10th planet and doing it for 1.5 years and having a disease where he took 3 years off and recently got back into it in august all on his youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/StilwellJitsu

"did jitz for 1.5 years in 2006, took 3 years off due to my disease and my treatment, I came back in August and now i'm rocking it, got my first GI TODAY, starting my blog that you will love"

could you please share what the shady business was or evidence of him posing? i don't think someone would claim to be an instructor after taking getting back into it recently...i saw a vid of him showing a technique and grapping but that's all.

Array

School
    NA
    nevermind...i see the lions den thing: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLionsDenCT

he does say "one of my students"...unfortunately the technique displayed doesn't look to great. the gym looks legit and nice though. it is interesting how he says my students when he just got back into jits after a 3 year layoff?

but i would still like to know what the shady business was if you are open to discuss that
    Last edited by lates85; 12-23-2010 at 10:22 AM.

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    Id like to see why it's shady too! I'm sure John wouldn't bring it up if he wasnt, but Id like you to expand on this

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    hmmmm this is getting more interesting haha

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast