Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Star jiu jitsu/ formerly of 10th planet sherman
    ^ sure when your that big your a challenge for most people. I say he isnt a real fighter because of his lack of training in most fighting forms. He can wrestle and he a throw a descent punch but imagine him against someone his size who I dont know trained in muay thai or bjj, how well do you think that would go for him?

Quote Originally Posted by podsandgods View Post
    ^ sure when your that big your a challenge for most people. I say he isnt a real fighter because of his lack of training in most fighting forms. He can wrestle and he a throw a descent punch but imagine him against someone his size who I dont know trained in muay thai or bjj, how well do you think that would go for him?
    Frank Mir and Shane Carwin were his size? I don't understand your point. There has always been huge guys in MMA. I can perfectly understand why Brock would want to retire from MMA already. He was the champ and he defended his belt twice and he did it in less than 10 fights. What more can Brock do? Are we to expect him to attempt to be number 1 for the next 10 years? Even if he beat Cain in a rematch, there is always someone out there coming for you. Fedor proved this. If he doesn't need the money, staying in MMA will become redundant for him but to say he's not a real fighter? you're fucking delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by JusLove View Post
    Frank Mir and Shane Carwin were his size? I don't understand your point. There has always been huge guys in MMA. I can perfectly understand why Brock would want to retire from MMA already. He was the champ and he defended his belt twice and he did it in less than 10 fights. What more can Brock do? Are we to expect him to attempt to be number 1 for the next 10 years? Even if he beat Cain in a rematch, there is always someone out there coming for you. Fedor proved this. If he doesn't need the money, staying in MMA will become redundant for him but to say he's not a real fighter? you're fucking delusional.
    +1

He was the champ he defended the belt two times what else do you want, nobody's champ forever. I wouldnt like to see him missing the moment to shut down the stuff like it was with the iceman.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Yeah. Don't hate

Array

School
    He was bigger the frank and shane and Im not the only one who thinks he isnt a real fighter. Never expected him to be the champ forever. He was practically handed MMA startdom just because he was a name sure he won a few fights but he isnt that skilled period hes just a big guy. If he doesn't want to fight I am not complaining its his choice but dont try to say he is a great fighter when his record is nothing special.

Array

School
    Infinitemma Jiu Jitsu
    He was bigger the frank and shane and Im not the only one who thinks he isnt a real fighter. Never expected him to be the champ forever. He was practically handed MMA startdom just because he was a name sure he won a few fights but he isnt that skilled period hes just a big guy. If he doesn't want to fight I am not complaining its his choice but dont try to say he is a great fighter when his record is nothing special.
    smack talk him all you want dude you do better. im not a fan of him but he is a gifted athelete look at is high school wrestling records for the proof

P.s Carwin is the same size

He's about 20lbs heavier than Frank Mir but at 250lbs+, 20lbs is not that significant as it is in the lower weights. I don't know how beating Heath Herring, Frank Mir, Shane Carwin and Randy Couture is considered being handed anything. He's a 33 year old celebrity that doesn't need money and he set out to be an MMA champion in the biggest MMA org. in the world for the love of competition. He accomplished that and defended the title 2x. I don't understand how people fault him for his previous occupation when it provided him with a ton of cash. As if Pro Wrestling is morally wrong if you're going to do MMA lol It's entertainment, everyone knows that. Besides, if you really think he won fights because of his size, what are you training MMA for? Just go lift weights if it's that easy.

Also, I'm not nut hugging Brock Lesnar because I don't particularly care for his personality (like he cares what think lol) but I'm not ignorant to think that his accomplishments are anything below extraordinary.

Array

School
    10th Planet Sylmar/ JJBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by JusLove View Post
    He's about 20lbs heavier than Frank Mir but at 250lbs+, 20lbs is not that significant as it is in the lower weights. I don't know how beating Heath Herring, Frank Mir, Shane Carwin and Randy Couture is considered being handed anything. He's a 33 year old celebrity that doesn't need money and he set out to be an MMA champion in the biggest MMA org. in the world for the love of competition. He accomplished that and defended the title 2x. I don't understand how people fault him for his previous occupation when it provided him with a ton of cash. As if Pro Wrestling is morally wrong if you're going to do MMA lol It's entertainment, everyone knows that. Besides, if you really think he won fights because of his size, what are you training MMA for? Just go lift weights if it's that easy.
    +200

Array

School
    Look I understand if those here that think brock lesnar is a good fighter, thats your opinion and I respect it. I am going to say why I dont think he is all that great and thats the last input I will put in this thread. If you don't agree then it's cool but hear me out on this.
    1 yea hes a good wrestler and an alright striker, but his actual mma training is limited. He has a bjj coach but he really only trained to defend against it not use it. IMO I feel he neglects to truly train in MMA and if he would have broadened his skills then maybe he could have been undefeated, I dont deny his athletic talent, I do however think he thinks he can get away with the limited training he has which obivously he cant
    2. he has only had 7 mma matches. And he pretty much walked into mma big leagues because of his celebrity status. I dont think he really had to work for it like most people have to. again my opinion disagree with me all you want.
    3. he lucked out on Carwin sorry. Give him a rematch (oh wait thats right he wants to quit..) and I am confident Carwin would win
    4. He beat Randy Couture, who is a great fighter but he is old. If couture was younger I dont think he would have won the match once again, my opinion
    5 I will give him a tie with Frank Mir, But their first match shows how a guy close in size can get the best of him with skills he didn't have. To lesnars credit he learned from their first match good for him
    6 If he did MMA for the love of competition why are they saying he wants to quit now? A couple of losses and hes getting cold feet? That doesn't sound like a guy who really likes to compete it sounds like a guy who likes to win and quits when he loses. He did MMA for the money, which is not bad just not really for love of competing for love of a fat paycheck. Why else does he want to do wrestlemania so bad? 2 mill for 30 minutes of work? I would do it to hes just pissed he is under contract. He knew he would not make pro wrestling cash in mma just have a little more cred, which he got, but I loose respect for him because it looks like money takes precedent over hard training and real hits.
    7 his record is not extensive. So he has gone against some big names but why? He doesnt fucking deserve it for christ sake! There are guys who fight 2x+ times his fights before even getting into UFC and he gets an easy? No one can deny he had the red carpet rolled out for him regardless of whether you like him or not
    8 and last and not really most important his crap attitude. People like him give MMA a bad image, hes not the only one out there with this cocky attitude but the spotlight is on him and it gets noticed. Being humble is obviously not a trait that fighters are best known for, but it would be nice if they could keep the shit talking to a minimum sometimes UFC comes off with a WWE vibe to me and it is not cool.
    You may respectfully disagree with me I admit I have a biased feeling towards him so maybe thats why I think this way, but I have never been a fan of the heavy weights in general I find heavy weight fights to be one dimensional but thats just me

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast