Array

School
    Avalanche MMA

Got my first Triangle today!

so i was in training, drilling rubber guard control (mission control) with my training partner. coming from a wrestling background in highschool, im always lookin to be on top. i figured id try and pull guard since bottom position is my weakest point ATM. in my first roll, i pulled guard and went to work in mission control, only to be passed, mounted and subd with an americana. in my second roll, i tried the same thing, being as stubborn as i am. my control felt weak, my legs rnt flexible and it was very unnatural for me, as are triangles. however, as he began to power out of it, i threw my leg over my partners shoulder and locked in a triangle, and to my suprise he tapped. i dont mean to sound like im boasting, im just very happy to see my guard game improving. my partner i was training with is a fuckin beast and has roughly 30lbs on me. i dont mean to discredit him or anyone by saying i got a sub, im just fuckin exhilerated that for once i got the sub, and from bottom none the less. ive been doing bjj for only a few months, and the highest trainer ive had in class was a purple belt. i definetely have found my calling in life and as of right now im counting the days till next practice. now.. to go watch some potentially academy award winning joey karate episodes!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    congrats dude

Array

School
    Avalanche MMA
    thnx bro