Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    Marcelo Garcia Academy, NYC

"Class Never Ends" at Marcelo Garcia Academy

This may be my favorite clip that I've shot at Marcelo Garicia's Academy in the past year. More than any other, this clip shows what its like to train at Marcelo's.

Also, check out Marcelo's philosophy on promoting students. All of the students have to show up for promotion, but no one knows who's getting a belt, a stripe, or nothing at all:

Haha! Marcelo is brushing up on his ghetto speak. "Let that be known".

It's funny how the women get no flogging. I think it's a tight rope walk. It protects them from swings by guys who double their weight, but some women will find that highly misogynist. Example, the biggest BJJ school here has girl students who left because the female and male classes are separate. But then you have women who don't want to train with men. How do you win?

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    April I'm there, cant wait

Array

School
    Charlotte Jiu Jitsu Academy
    Thanks for posting. Very cool.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal
    Awesome vids. Love to go train there one day. Btw, the new blue belt in the glasses has serial killer written all over him.
    Head Instructor of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal

WWW.10thplanetjiujitsumtl.com

Array

School
    Delaware Barbell Club & Fitness BJJ
    this is one of the places i want to visit in 2011

Array

School
    Anu Academy
    I just visited there last week while on break from college. It was an amazing experience to train there and learn from Marcelo and Paul. Their jiu jitsu is just off the charts and if anybody is in the NYC area, I would definitely recommend stopping by. They have classes all throughout the day to fit anyone's schedule. I wanna say thank you to Marcelo, Paul, and all the students for the wonderful hospitality, thanks again and looking forward to coming back!

Array

School
    10th Planet Phoenix and Fabio Santos BJJ (Team Monstro)
    IT PAINS ME TO WATCH THESE UGH!!!!!!!!! Got all excited to visit jersey in the beginning of December so you now i def had to go to marcelos but my plans were crushed when my boss decided not to give me the time off def going this summer idc

is he not the nicest guy ever i dont think i have ever seen marcelo frown or not have a smile on his face once im thinking about making the trip

was there a year ago and I'll be back there in Feb, looking forward to it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast