Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur

tournament prices..

does anyone else think tournaments are expensive? 80$ for a tournament that has 0 prize money seems kind of steep. Why does it cost so much to run a tournament? or is someone just pocketing a ton of cash? i vote 10$ for competitors, 5$ for people to come watch.

Array

School
    The Hurt Factory
    Agreed, maybe it's the skate punk in me but i've been thinking jam format style pay outs 15 dollar entry 5 to insurance 10 to the purse or something like that the cats in your division determines payout and if there isn't a lot of guys in the div, they could discuss what money they could put in the pot if you will. a real underground make some loot contest ya know?

Do you happen to know the rent for the venue? That tends to cost alot. Also depending on the tourney there is alot of work and people to be compensated (even if its just to buy them lunch/dinner). Moving truck usually has to be rented to move mats. Etc.

Array

School
    The Hurt Factory
    once again Agreed I use to put on hardcore shows and venues easy and if you get the right bands you'll have plenty of volunteers at least here in lynchburg, I have no idea what a school gym would be like, but w/ my idea at least with the lure of monetary prize, Im pretty sure if I secured a venue i could get it done lol