Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    I’m the business manager at 10th Planet Burbank. There are some implications in this thread that seem kinda uncool so I would like to clear up some of the confusion. But first, I wanted to send a shout out to Neale for starting such a great topic. Above all else, the fact that these products exist and awareness is on the rise is great for everyone, from the athletes and gym owners to the manufacturers. And as consumers, we’re grateful for having choices. Hopefully healthy competition creates better products, and anyone reading this thread will get the idea that both products are loved by many 10th Planet Warriors. On to clarifying a few things…

Guy (Defense Soap): “I don't ever recall you being a reseller of ours” and “We have no records of Defense Soap and 10th Planet Burbank...”

Shortly after we open, and shortly after one of our clients (Howard) nicknamed “Mr. Clean” brought Defense soap to our attention, we inquired about opening a wholesale account with Defense soap. Unfortunately, at the time (early 2009), their minimum quantity for wholesale orders was too large for our gym. Keeping skin diseases off our clients and out of the gym was a higher priority than making money off selling soap, so we proceeded in purchasing Defense soap at retail prices from their website directly. We sold it for about a year, while introducing other products like ABC wipes, shower gels, and lotion, and eventually Super Body Care’s suite of products.

Guy (Defense Soap): “…please be careful when saying we use fillers in our soap. Our bar is made of the purest, highest quality natural ingredients we could find.” and “Also some of our products are certified organic. I am not sure how you can make such a blanket statement without researching it first.”

I can guarantee you that we have done more research about soap than any gym owner should! During the time we were carrying both Defense soap, Super Body Care Soap, and other skin care products, we had a client ask us why the Defense soap lasted so much longer and why some of the other soaps were softer and dissolved faster. So, we research it. We found that there are a number of reasons some soaps are firmer and last longer than others, including the use of fillers and preservatives to help the soap keep its shape and longevity. We also found that soaps with more essential oils and purer essential oils tend to be softer and dissolve more quickly. When looking at the specific ingredients in both Defense Soap and Super Body Care’s soap, we came to the conclusion at the time that Super Body Care produced a more natural pure product, with more oils, more essential oils, and no chemical preservatives. Unfortunately, Defense Soap didn’t list all of the ingredients in their soap at the time (not sure if what they list now is a partial or complete list, maybe Guy can let us know), but we found it had a few things in it like tetrasodium EDTA, which is widely accepted and common ingredient in soaps used to “improve effectiveness, stability, hard water performance, rinsability, and shelf life,” but is listed as a preservative made from formaldehyde and sodium cyanide, both known carcinogens. It’s also a “penetration enhancer,” causing it to penetrate the skin’s protective layer and carry its contents into the bloodstream. However, one man’s “con” is another man’s “pro.” Just because we all smell like hippies after using these products doesn’t mean we all want to actually be hippies. Some may prefer to have their expensive sports soap last longer, and the quantity and affects of such ingredients seems unknown and varied. We chose to offer the more hippy solution. As someone mentioned early, it’s a matter of personal choice. Which leads me to my last point.

Guy (Defense Soap): “Funny thing is I just hung up with Eddie when I see one of his schools bashing us.”

Kim had said that Defense Soap uses “fillers and stuff” on a forum designed to share information, experiences, and opinions with a network of our affiliated schools, which certainly doesn’t qualify as “bashing” any company or product in my opinion. Folks should make their own personal choices about what’s important to them, but they should also be given a chance to get the information. Perhaps Kim should have been more specific, but sharing this information on the Nirubi forum is exactly what I believe Eddie intended in creating it. And while we obviously want to be accurate and thoughtful, we shouldn’t have to be paranoid about our word choice or opinions. If there is any misinformation here, it’s definitely not intentional or malicious. As suggested earlier, if the vendors are going to participate in this dialog, perhaps it should be directed at informing us, providing facts, and clearing up misstated or poor information rather than cautioning us on what or how to say what we want to say. Both products are great; it’s staph, impetigo, and ringworm that we hate. But since topic is “Super Body Care vs. Defense Soap,” our opinion is Super Body Care for a variety of reasons.

I've had staph a bunch of times from the gym, both weight gyms and fight gyms, and once contracted MRSA from elbowing a filthy punching bag that nearly cost me my right arm. I've never used defense soap or sbc but I can tell you if you're as dirty of a bastard as I am, after washing down with your regular shit (be it defense soap or sbc or dove or whatever you use), it's not a bad idea to slather some Tersaseptic on your elbows/knees/shoulders/ass ... you can get it at safeway or walmart or wherever, and you only need a tiny, tiny, tiny bit to be effective, so one bottle will last you like, forever. I bought a little bottle like several months ago and still use it, it's all good. i haven't had staph or any other skin conditions (or even acne/pimples really) since. also vitamin E helps prevent gross skin infections, if you're into taking pills.

Array

School
    Westshore Wrestling Club
    Hi Karen,

Please let me start by saying that I totally agree with you that these topics are beneficial to all combat athletes that can gain anything at all from the. *At Defense we push hard to educate our customers and we have found through the use of forums we can spread this word.

We always ask our resellers to buy somewhere in the $250.00 range to become a reseller but to be very honest we have never turned anyone down because they cannot reach this mark. *We have gyms buying as little as 5 bars at a time. *We understand what it is like to be a small business owner, we are one ourselves. *We also know what is like to be a combat athlete running business because I too am a combat athlete. *I would not have turned you down as a reseller. *That would be totally 100% against my beliefs and values.

Karen, we have never omitted anything from our label. *We have been using the same printing plates for five years. *This is a very serious accusation on your part saying that we did not list all of our ingredients. *Why would you say that when we easily show that this is a blatant misstatement of fact? *We pride ourselves on our customer service and moral business practices. *This hits hard below the belt. *Will you please let me know which label we sent you that was omitting any ingredient?

Defense Soap is a 100% natural bar of soap. *EDTA is a form of salt. *It is used as a natural preservative and it does enhance the bar. *It is not a filler which would be an ingredient that serves no purpose and takes up space.

As for quoting my conversation with Kim. *We see that as water under the bridge. *We accepted her sincere apology in her two previous posts. *We are not posting here to start any beef. *That makes Defense look bush at best. *There is way to big of a message that we have worked hard to deliver for many years. *Bantering will only make me credibility with my customers.

I have spoken to Cheri about this topic and found her to be a wonderful person on both occasions that I have had the pleasure of entertaining her conversation. *You will never see Defense Soap say one foul word about Super Body Care. *We believe SBC is a admirable competitor as opposed to some others that have popped up in the industry.

Just a few quick words about Defense. *We have been in business for 6 years during which time we have sold in excess of 150,000 units all with a 100% money back guarantee on effectiveness. *In those 6 years we have issued 2 refunds. *Also in the 6 years that I have run Defense I have yet to draw a salary. *All that would be my salary has been donated back to our community of combat athletes.

Thanks for the opportunity to clear the air.

As always, for free samples you can contact me at defensesoap@msn.com.

Guy
    Defense Soap

Can u use that as a flat put face soap? Or do u have to mix it with shit?

Array

School
    Westshore Wrestling Club
    Hi Corky,

Defense is designed specifically to be used as a face and body soap. Defense did so well at clearing people's body and facial acne that we started a sister company called Natracil. Natracil is basically Defense with oatmeal added as an exfoliant. When we send free samples we always include a sample bar of Natracil.

Guy
    Defense Soap

Hi Guy,

I was trying to be cool, but to be more specific, it looked like you were trying to discount Kim's opinion by accusing her/us of not selling your product in our gym, which was wrong, and I found to be uncool. You also accused her of not doing research, which was also wrong and uncool. And lastly, you accused her of "bashing" your company because she said your soap had "fillers and stuff," which was a point to the readers to look at the ingredients. After doing our research, we concluded that SBC soap was a more pure and natural product than Defense soap. Kim was trying to make that point subtly, and I'm not sure why she should have to apologize for that. I tried to clarify by being more specific after your response. The topic of this thread is "SBC vs. Defense Soap." If you're contesting this point, please do so with facts and show us that you have a purer or more natural product. I went out of my way to be sure to point out that not everyone is looking for the "purest" product, and that both products were great. Also, there are many sources that consider ingredients like tetrasodium EDTA to be bad for the environment (especially since it's so abundantly used) and bad for your body. Of course you're going to have a difference of opinion because you're the vendor that puts it in his soap. We should be able to discuss the issues on this forum without being harassed by the vendors. I originally responded because I didn't think that Kim was the one who should have apologized, and still don't.

Cool!!! So i use the defense soap mixed with my normal body wash and use the natricil as a facewash without any other soaps and a good anti dandruff shampoo to keep all the crap out of my hair?

Array

School
    Westshore Wrestling Club
    Karen,

Like I said earlier. We accept Kims apology and it is water under the bridge.

Corky,

May I ask why you are using your normal body wash? Is it an antibacterial? If so, check the label for Triclosan. If it contains Triclosan, in our humble opinion, stay clear of it. If you use your body wash for fragrance may I suggest using our soap then a pleasant after shave or deodorant. Combat athletes need to stay clear of soap that leaves a residue of fragrance on their skin. You want a soap with rinseability to rid your skin of microbials.

Guy
    Defense Soap

Array

School
    Westshore Wrestling Club
    Corky,

Sorry, I missed your question about the dandruff shampoo. All combat athletes should use a dandruff shampoo. 50% of dandruff is caused by a fungal infection. All dandruff shampoos contain an anti fungal.

Guy
    Defense Soap

Alright so just use the defense soap and that by itself?
    And the natracil by itself?
    And i use head and shoulders so thats good right?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast