Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Doherty View Post
    Nope. Stretch before lifting or use foam rollers and ALWAYS stretch for at least 10 minutes after. I'm only about 174 lbs and I can deadlift 325, squat 315, and bench 205, and I can still do front splits and put my foot behind my head.
    ^ This... Mostly the stretching after your workouts (which not only maintains, but actually increases flexability!) while your muscles are warm and torn down from strength training.

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    I don't lift weights. Think you can bench press me off you? I don't.

Array

School
    10th Planet Peterborough
    If it's a hamstring problem, which is understandable especially if you do straight leg deadlifts, work more on stretching out front splits and stuff. I make sure I stretch that more than normal on my legs and back days.

Also, a 265 bench is crazy man. I hope to break 250 by summer or fall and maybe 400 for squats/deadlifts by the same time.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor/ Ronin
    thought this might help http://stronglifts.com/7-dynamic-str...-hip-mobility/. I just recently started doing dead-lifts and squats and doing these before and stretching after workouts has improved my flexibility dramatically and I'm a big boy

Array

School
    Monolith Sambo
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Blankenship View Post
    265 lbs bench at 155 pounds??? God I bet that helps. You train with William Vandry?
    I train with William, yes. It's been the best place I've trained so far, or it seems to be the place that I progressed the most. He gave me my blue belt.

Array

School
    Monolith Sambo
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Doherty View Post
    If it's a hamstring problem, which is understandable especially if you do straight leg deadlifts, work more on stretching out front splits and stuff. I make sure I stretch that more than normal on my legs and back days.

Also, a 265 bench is crazy man. I hope to break 250 by summer or fall and maybe 400 for squats/deadlifts by the same time.
    It sounds like you know what you're doing, but if you are ever stuck and want some help, send me a PM with whatever questions. I'm a strength coach, so this is what I do almost all day every day.

I've actually never tried doing front splits, gonna have to work on that. You're right about the stiff-legged deads. I do sumo deadlifts 90% of the time, and usually do good mornings for assistance work, though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12