Array

School
    The Hurt Factory

opinions pls....

Do you think a guy whos six five and 250 lbs should be competing in an absolute division for like novice/beginners div? just curious

Array

School
    Indie/Suffolk MMA/ Combat Sports and Fitness Center
    it depends on his skill. The beautiful thing about JJ is that it doesnt matter how big your opponent is, he'll tap just like everyone else. Im a 155er and I roll with 265+ people and tap em just as easily as anyone else. Just dont let them get on top of ya. As long as the guy isnt sand bagging then bring him on!

Array

School
    GZ Fight Systems Bridgeport WV/Former10th Planet Morgantown
    we used to have a guy at 10th P Motown that was like 350+ and I give him all the credit in the world for giving it all he had, but I had NO problem rolling with him and tapping him every time several times during sparring. With that being said I believe he did absolute at a tourney and got second to a guy that was like 200lbs. So its all in the skill level no in the size, size gives you a little strength but thats all. I got like 30lbs on Neale and am pretty strong and he has no problem destroying me. Its all in the reps brother!

How long ago did this theoretical person start training?

Yes. If he's a beginner/intermediate then he should enter the beginner/intermediate division.
    That has nothing to do with size.

Array

School
    The Hurt Factory
    to specify this thread I had a friend the other day when I said I was prob. going to do just absolute no gis from now on cuz i'm broke, he actd like i was bagging or something, stlnl : 6 months

If you started training 6 months ago, then you are a beginner. End of story. Now if you trained a while off and on, or with pals, then joined a gym and are only counting time spent concurrent at a gym.......well the rules are pretty specific. But if you do happen to be sandbagging, dont sweat it, plenty of wrestlers will he there with you doint it as well. if not bagging (meaning you have only trained 6 months) then tell your pal to stuff it.

Array

School
    blank
    who here is selling Opinion Pills. i'll take 'em all.