Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog

I stand corrected. "Misguided" would imply Frank lacked direction. Clearly that is not the case. I wasn't aware of the other thread/facebook drama, and thought this to be a one time incident, but his behaviors indicate otherwise. 10th Planet doesn't need representatives that can't control their mouth or behaviors in an attempt to be a standard bearer of the system.
    +1

If you were attacked, then it can be understandable if you lose composure, but please don't start or go looking for trouble.

Array

School
    Delaware Barbell Club & Fitness BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Lol @ "homorary"
    oops my spelling , my eyes are seeing foggy i got the flu today sorry

Regading Honorary rank, BJJ doesnt have that. He said Charuto gave him an "honorary" purple belt? Has anyone, here ever heard of such a thing? Before he said he was given a purple belt by charuto, now he says it was honorary with a final assessment on the way......IME when a BJJ teacher/instructor gives a belt, that is it, it is your rank, open and shut.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    Wow. Sounds like dude dug his own grave. I'm just gonna shut the f*ck up and keep busting my ass on the mat. The Jiu Jitsu world is way too small to make false claims, especially here on Nibiru. I've had the pleasure of rolling with some of you and it's been an honor. I've got too much respect for the people here on the forum to bash or criticize anyone. Maestro, it's your call what to do about the situation. You have our support.

Array

School
    Avalanche MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by frank-theman-james View Post
    I just got home and found this and would like to reply and hope it can clear up some things. First of all, I wasn't trying to say eddie was not doing his part as the master of this system. I was merely giving, and I can see how it could be perceived as bad looking back, a shout out for kevin and neale, two instructors who I think exemplify tpjj. Secondly, when I got pressed on the forum, I felt insulted, so I responded in kind, and if you read the post, the thread addressed to jay chow was to show him how I felt insulted, and Immediately posted again to the contrary and let him know that was all I was trying to do and that I didn't mean it. he seemed to understand and said no problem. third, as far as "theman" goes in my name, I explained that as my name is very plain and common, and in the past, sighing up for email and websites was always hard to get sing on, A friend, as a joke meant to bust my balls, typed it in, and it went through, so I've used ever since, kinda to bust his balls back, like haha jokes on you. And yes, it sounds cocky, but its easy to remember and Its always available, so I've always used it. I dont believe for a minute that I'm the baddest guy in the world, but just a guy that loves martial arts, to be honest, tpjj more than all the rest at this time. I'm very passionate about it, and if thats bad, then Im bad. will I make mistakes, sure. Ive fought for things my whole life being that I grew up poor, but it doesnt make it right, just habit. I just spent three hours teaching my students tpjj techniques trying to learn all I can and better myself to it in hopes that one day I would be an affiliate, but if Eddie thinks that I am bad for tpjj and that my heart isnt devoted to it 100%, then I would rather not be involved and will gladly step away, rather than hurt or tarnish its image. Yes, I believe in standing up for what I believe and when we do that, someone will always disagree, thats life. I never meant anything bad towards anyone on here, but yea, I have had some heated debates with some, but I have always tried to give good advice to help others when they had questions, I have always supported this system 100%. And for those of you who seen where I challenged a gracie brown belt, yea I did, because he told lies at the very beginning of the facebook thread about me and my fiance on things that he had no idea of what he was talking about, but since all of that, he and I have talked at walmart, where I invited him to a seminar that I was doing with kevin green, no problem. I thought very highly of him before the fb issue and referred a lot of people to him for bjj as I believed that he was and is one of the best guys in eastern nc for it. When he said what he said, I was upset and overreacted, and for which was reprimanded by Jon helton, who helped me see my mistake and showed me a different path that I could of taken, also Neale Hoerle expressed his concerns and also helped me understand the ramifications for it. I've tried exhaustedly all I can, with limited resources to train with others in this system, and If their opinion counts, I think that they know my background and understand my passion, and my faults. But never let it be said that I don't want what is best for tpjj, and if that includes excluding me, I will understand and walk away.

To Eddie, sorry for suggesting in anyway that I knew more than you, I never meant to, but I can see reading back now, how it could be perceived as such. I really only meant it as a compliment to Kevin and some of his students that I have had the pleasure of meeting and working with. To jay chow, I explained the name calling to you and thought we understood each other, if not, I'm sorry again and it was just meant to get a reaction out of you which I did, and much the way that I felt a lot of others were doing to me at the same time. I've discussed it with Einstein via email and thought he better understood my position with him and thought we were good also, If not, let me say now, that while I did not agree with his original statement, I have the upmost respect for him as a person, and a bb.

The truth of it guys, if all of you had the pleasure of meeting me in person, I'm sure that you would see that I am just a guy that loves this stuff and I am willing to share anything I know with anybody, but usually end up walking away feeling I learned way more from you all. Sorry to everyone that all this came about. Whatever you all decide I will honor.

Frank James
    i dont rep 10p, i havnt even been training a yr, and i train at an mma gym not a bjj gym. so by saying this i really dont mean to step on anyones toes, or make any calls i should. however, i research ALOT (for what its worth) and i believe in 10p to the death my 2 cents, definetely let him stay.any guy who reads this kind of criticism on himself and still acts the way he did, props to that.

Quote Originally Posted by stlnl
    Regading Honorary rank, BJJ doesnt have that.
    Actually it does. There are a few old school masters that went from 1st degree to 8th degree overnight. And then there's Rashad Evans. :-)

Array

School
    Jean Jacques Machado JJ 'Team Juarez'
    Quote Originally Posted by chris herzog View Post
    wtf!? Lmfao!

Array

School
    10th Planet Charlotte
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian "ifreez" Freemantle

And then there's Rashad Evans. :-)

LMFAO! good one!

Array

School
    10th Planet Costa Mesa
    Is there any video of Frank using the system ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian "ifreez" Freemantle View Post
    Actually it does. There are a few old school masters that went from 1st degree to 8th degree overnight. And then there's Rashad Evans. :-)
    But can you name some purple belt ranks? Also, Rashad isnt honorary. The guy who gave it to him said he was awarding him a no gi Black belt. Pretty sure the guys who went from 1st degree up, also meant it, meaning it was not "honorary"

Honorary, means you know a bit about the subject, but are not held to the standard of performance. Regarding Rashad, guys like Rhadi Ferguson and other Black belts say he is a black belt, so take no offense if I am willing to take the guy's opinion who awarded Rashad his no-gi Black as well as Rhadi's over yours in implying Rashad cant grapple at a black belt level.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast