Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    10TH Planet Morgantown

A dramatic increase of RG use by NON-10TH Planet grapplers in Tournaments

I personally have notice a big jump in RG use by non-brotheren... Mostly Lock-down and Mission Control. Can you verify the same in your region?

Array

School
    Charlotte Jiu Jitsu Academy
    Definitely. I see a lot of guys pull into mission control and then look a little lost. A good bit of lockdown used too by students of surrounding schools.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Neale Hoerle View Post
    I personally have notice a big jump in RG use by non-brotheren... Mostly Lock-down and Mission Control. Can you verify the same in your region?
    Neale, for sure I've seen it alot recently, funny even from local rivals who talk shit about 10th Planet. I haven't seen them use it with much success, usually lack of reps and obvious missteps or "variations".
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    Yup, lots of misuse and unsuccessful Rubber Guard attempts, only really seen a few guys outside of the 10th Planet system be very good with Rubber Guard

Array

School
    10TH Planet Morgantown
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Neale, for sure I've seen it alot recently, funny even from local rivals who talk shit about 10th Planet. I haven't seen them use it with much success, usually lack of reps and obvious missteps or "variations".
    So true... Weak Mission, CRUSHING lock-downs with Zero movement or control (other than holding on for dear life) Those are our converts though guys... As Chris said its a serious lack of reps and or missteps. I ALWAYS put a business card in those guys hands after the Tourny

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Its always fun to hear them refer to it as "high guard" and its like the purposely avoid using the 10pjj teminology, so much so that it overly obvious and very funny. I actually heard a guy yelling "great now your in stage 1" instead of mission control at a local tournament a few months back.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester; 10th Planet St. Paul
    ^ Was that during my third match at the last one? I remember I swept my guy from my weak side half guard into his full guard (fail) and hearing the other guy's coach yelling: "High guard! High guard!" The guy grabs his ankle and I hear: "Not THAT high guard!" Haha! I still have the vid and I think you can hear him yelling.

Array

School
    10TH Planet Morgantown
    Its truly amazing that they use it, SORT of train it but still fail to give it the proper credit. It is awesome to see the reaction when we (As a bad ass Team) of 10Th Planet Warriors walk into a venue flying colors! Its an exciting time my friends. We, truly are, the Revolution!

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    A lot of people are just doing a weak mission control as a setup for the omoplata or gogoplata without properly trapping the isolated arm. These are the same people who in 1 or 2 more years will be posting on other message boards saying, "That RG shit doesn't work. Anybody with good posture will just yank out of it."

Array

School
    Impact Martrial Arts
    No 10th Planet gym in Ireland I think so I can't really get to grips with it all as easy as you guys.. All I have to rely on is my books and some videos I've seen. When I do use my lockdown in my traditional BJJ classes they don't know what's happening and think they have an easy opportunity to pass my guard, that's when I use one of my unorthodox scramble sweeps or a 10th Planet sweep into their side control. Then they try it on me and don't know what I'm doing so just squeeze my leg between theirs... They think it's some kind of leg lock.
    I think most people know what the Rubberguard is now, but dont know how to use it, I can usually pull it off 3-4 times at training, when the others try it, they don't know how and just grab their foot, putting no pressure on my collar so I can usually easily pass into Side Control. What I've had trouble with is Twister Side Control, especially while wearing a gi. None of them ever roll into me the way the book shows it! Got someone's back today and cinched in the Anaconda. My coach said to me afterwards "That's a nice rubber guard you have there." I felt like bursting out in laughter, but refrained, just in case he decided to choke me out...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast