Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Pensacola Home Skool'd

Why so much hate?

I was rolling today with my friend today, at the local gym on the open mat time. This guy came up to me wanting to roll. the gym brown belt. So I did. He passed my guard a couple times easily, until I remembered seeing Eddie in the last MTS the 100% to the back. He was doing his best to keep me on my back. I get the back from the roll and choke him out. He tapped. Then he proceeds to get get up and ask how I did that, and where did I learn this from. I told him I learned it from the 10th Planet system. Right after that I got the look like I killed his entire family. And He called over the whole Gym to Ridicule me for "fucking useless system" Does anyone know why there is so much hate from traditional gi jiu-jitsu? whats the story behind it?

Theres several posts and threads abut this, if you go back a couple pages you'll find plenty of opinions and answers that should help you

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin_Pip View Post
    I was rolling today with my friend today, at the local gym on the open mat time. This guy came up to me wanting to roll. the gym brown belt. So I did. He passed my guard a couple times easily, until I remembered seeing Eddie in the last MTS the 100% to the back. He was doing his best to keep me on my back. I get the back from the roll and choke him out. He tapped. Then he proceeds to get get up and ask how I did that, and where did I learn this from. I told him I learned it from the 10th Planet system. Right after that I got the look like I killed his entire family. And He called over the whole Gym to Ridicule me for "fucking useless system" Does anyone know why there is so much hate from traditional gi jiu-jitsu? whats the story behind it?
    Something tells me they're afraid of Eddie being the big Chief of the new school...they're prolly some other reasons for all the hate, but yeah...do some research. Know your history. Try to keep an open mind when you're sifting through the history. Ask these guys why they hate Eddie. See if it's just in their training to hate him or if the issue runs deeper. I like Eddie because he's a cool guy who puts out some interesting and fun stuff to watch and use in my day to day life. I've met people who have issues with him so sometimes I shut my mouth and keep my opinions to myself. Other times, I speak out about it and shut the hater down. It's all about the time and the place where you reveal yourself and your knowledge. I would recomend reading The Will To Power, The Art Of War, How To Win Friends And Influence People, The Arthurian Legend, or Proverbs, Psalms, The Book Of John, and/or anything else you find thought provoking for some further insight if you really want to figure some things out that could cleanse you of this confusion. Oh and if you're not a reader, watch The Matrix, Little Buddha, The Greatest Story Ever Told, Waking Life, A Scanner Darkly, Rainbow Quest, The American Ruling Class, Network, Little Big Man, etc..

Array

School
    Mac Self Defence
    all i have to say is if you dont train in everything then there is somthing you dont know and that means that there is somthing out there you can and will get caught by.

Array

School
    Great White BJJ-Wausau Wi
    I like to think they're jealous of my well-stuffed Vale Tudo trunks.

New things are always put down until they become mainstream.

Array

School
    Pensacola Home Skool'd
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Stachovak View Post
    I like to think they're jealous of my well-stuffed Vale Tudo trunks.

New things are always put down until they become mainstream.
    I use my Vale tudo shorts every time I roll.

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    I use my Vale tudo shorts every time I roll.
    I use mine in tournament!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Dawsonville Hotbox
    I'm glad you tapped him, what a jerk.

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    Your reply to his class should have been "yeah 10th Planet is so useless, it just allowed a white belt take the back of a brown belt and tap him out with a RNC" LoL. Mostly I find that when you stand your ground, they have not a leg to stand on. Then all of a sudden they're more open minded and a little more "real". Teach the ignorant and ignore the stupid

Array

School
    Pensacola Home Skool'd
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Keeling View Post
    Your reply to his class should have been "yeah 10th Planet is so useless, it just allowed a white belt take the back of a brown belt and tap him out with a RNC" LoL. Mostly I find that when you stand your ground, they have not a leg to stand on. Then all of a sudden they're more open minded and a little more "real". Teach the ignorant and ignore the stupid
    I just shrugged it off, im not a member of that gym, and It didn't bother me at all because I got his back a second time with "the Ninja" from twister side control. Again, choke. After which every one in the gym quieted down very quickly. "Let my actions speak louder than I ever could." So in the end I said something without actually saying anything. Anyways, Thanks for all the info guys I found the answer to my question, but it still makes no sense to me... Oh well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast