Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    Could be Hughes?

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Timmermans View Post
    some thing i notice is that he give gives other people shit for saying they came up with a new system but thats what his family did from Japanese jujitsu and he doesn't mention that.
    Tyler is a wise person!

Array

School
    10th Planet Pasadena
    Wow, Royce's RNC is so tight it puts you into a dream, that's some strong shit.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Yeah, he should charge $5 for a lucid dream.

Did somebody say something about tigers?

Array

School
    Roger Gracie Academy
    Quote Originally Posted by James Davis View Post
    but every gracie hates him? How does that work?
    I don't know if I would say that. Last year I registered with Gracie University to get access to their free 1st lesson to see what it was like. I think they show it for free now without without registering but I digress.

Anyway I searched 10th Planet in their forum and this was one of the things I found.

Q. What is the thought on Eddie Bravo and what he has done for jiu jitsu?
    CG (7/2/2009 10:12 PM)
    A. He's very talented, and has obviously brought a lot to the modern game of jiu-jitsu. His approach to JJ does differ from our philosophy toward fighting and toward life in general, however. You can read up more on our philosophy on this site, as well as at www.gracieacademy.com .
    GracieAcademy2

I'm not sure if describing Eddie as very talented and crediting him with bringing alot to the modern game of Jiu-jitsu could be described as hate. At least to me anyway. I have never been to the Gracie academy but I have heard from various people that Rener and Ryron themselves are very respectfull of other styles of Jiu-jitsu. Not sure about the other instructors or students there though given the Renzo incident.

Array

School
    CSW Fullerton, CA
    who created these "names" for the moves? haha my father did not need names....

Array

School
    10th Planet jiu-jitsu Corona/ AOK
    You need to know your basic's. Thats the only thing i picked up of use. Basic's are very important. Remember, without Royce or the family, ufc would not be where its at. And he is way more popular than any fighter.I came from a Royce Gracie black belt. And have trained many times with him. But without Eddie Bravo, i would never be where im at in my jiujitsu.
    Good Training,
    Jeremy "j.jitzu" Fields
    Black Belt
    Instagram:@jjitzu
    Facebook: Jeremy jiu jitsu Fields
    www.10thplanetjjcor.com

Array

School
    UFC Gym -- Thomas Kenney
    Quote Originally Posted by James III View Post
    I don't know if I would say that. Last year I registered with Gracie University to get access to their free 1st lesson to see what it was like. I think they show it for free now without without registering but I digress.

Anyway I searched 10th Planet in their forum and this was one of the things I found.

Q. What is the thought on Eddie Bravo and what he has done for jiu jitsu?
    CG (7/2/2009 10:12 PM)
    A. He's very talented, and has obviously brought a lot to the modern game of jiu-jitsu. His approach to JJ does differ from our philosophy toward fighting and toward life in general, however. You can read up more on our philosophy on this site, as well as at www.gracieacademy.com .
    GracieAcademy2

I'm not sure if describing Eddie as very talented and crediting him with bringing alot to the modern game of Jiu-jitsu could be described as hate. At least to me anyway. I have never been to the Gracie academy but I have heard from various people that Rener and Ryron themselves are very respectfull of other styles of Jiu-jitsu. Not sure about the other instructors or students there though given the Renzo incident.
    I'm going more off of what Eddie himself has said whenever he comes across a gracie or one of their students. Of course I don't literally mean every single gracie.

Array

School
    Masters martial arts Franklin,tn
    This guy is pissed because some body took his material and improved and evolved it for a new sport in a new century ... which is what they did with kimura's material ... yeah read ur history royce, helio lost to that guy so yall took his stuff, claimed it as ur own, and evolved it, so keep ur basics we will keep creating... I have read material from every major mind in jiu jitsu today and i can not find any one more creative and humble than Eddie... that guy is my fuckin hero! He makes this stuff available to everyone, because he wants to have an even playing field otherwise you can never know who is truly the best... he never entered a competition in which he had to face basically unarmed opponents to look good... This shit is all from China and Japan and you dont see them complaining. Keep up the good work Eddie and all the awesome, intelligent minds at 10th planet

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast