Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    akka overland park

10th planet Kansas City?

Is there anyone practicing 10th planet JJ around KC. Springfield is too far to travel unless there is a seminar. there are about 6-8 of us right now practicing at my school. I was just wondering if anyone else in the area was rolling on the 10th planet too. Also to those people who transitioned to a 10th planet school. what did you do before hand to set up your school for 10th planet? and what issues if any did you have generating interest in the system?

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Yeah, Springfield is the only place I know of. I stopped in over there for Eddie's last seminar.

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha/ SIMS Martial Arts Academy
    come visit us in omaha

Array

School
    NONE
    I live in KCMO but I don't train at this time. I'm a fatass right now & I'm currently working on losing weight. I agree that it would be great to have a 10th Planet in Kansas City. For right now, you may want to invest in the Mastering the Rubber Guard Book/DVD, Mastering the Twister Book, Jiu Jitsu Unleashed, 10th Planet Chokes DVD by Brandon Quick, 10th Planet All Stars DVD by Denny Prokopos, Scott Epstein & Sean Bollinger.

We're still waiting on the Mastering the Twister DVD. Eddie Just announced that he's about to start writing the "Advanced Rubber Guard" Book. Keep up the hard work & Good Luck with everything.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Kevin, jiujitsu is the best weight loss plan. Just do it. We have one guy at my gym who lost 50 pounds in his first year doing nothing but running every other morning and 2 jiujitsu classes a week. I lost 20 pounds eating like a pig and doing 3 jiujitsu classes a week. Just do what you can and never feel like you are slowing the class down, because most of us started as the dude who slowed the class down.

Array

School
    akka overland park
    i was actually going to try to head up there for a tourny this past weekend in omaha, but i had to work. i plan on getting there, just need to work out the time.

Array

School
    10th Planet & Nova Uniao
    I'm from KC, we should get a hot box going up in here until we get a 10th planet KC. I'm going to start going to Springfield or Omaha a couple times a week if anyone wants to car pool.

Array

School
    10th Planet & Nova Uniao
    Kevin, how big are you, if I may ask? I'm 6ft and 250, and it really doesn't affect my grappling to much, lol it even helps in the top game. If you need a big guy to roll with, I'd be happy to sometime.

Array

School
    Kansas City Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    I'm from KCMO. I go to KCBJJ. We don't practice 10th planet techniques(although some of us do use them), but we are by far the best jiu jitsu school in the area.

Array

School
    NONE
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Maxwell View Post
    Kevin, how big are you, if I may ask? I'm 6ft and 250, and it really doesn't affect my grappling to much, lol it even helps in the top game. If you need a big guy to roll with, I'd be happy to sometime.
    I'm 383, I started my diet/exercise at 393 & my highest weight was 398. I'm just trying to get down to below 300lbs & I'll probably start training then. I'm still in hopes of moving to Houston, TX & training at Gracie Barra under Drac. Also I want to train at Texas World Class Boxing under Kenny Weldon.

I'm gonna go check back with the doctor when I get to 300lbs & do some blood work. Hopefully my blood pressure will be way better, my cholestorol will hopefully be way better & my liver will be way better. Last time I checked, I had a fatty liver.

I agree, KCBJJ is the best BJJ school in the area. I haven't been there but that is the only school in KC with actual credentials.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast