Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Best Way Jiu Jitsu

Fedor vs. Silva: Reflection Thread

The living legend took a legitimate beating tonight from Bigfoot Silva, who in all honesty I had pegged to be brutalized by "The Last Emperor" tonight. However, he showed great tenacity by never backing down from Fedor, trading with him while standing and biding his time, staying very calm on the feet. He finally got the position he wanted in the second round, and used his ground and pound to gain his well deserved victory.

Fedor has had a Tyson-like aura about him since he began to gain recognition in the world of MMA, and it was well deserved. He had never truly lost until Werdum used his fantastic Jiu-Jitsu to tap him, and though he'd been rocked in the past in the Pride days, he overcame adversity wherever it presented itself. There simply comes a time where one era ends, and another begins. The reign of "The Last Emperor" may have come to an end, for good, tonight.

Either way, this fight was a great night for the sport of MMA: Great action, tremendous heart, exciting brawling with disregard for technique, as well as technique with disregard for excitement while both men looked for the submission. Silva deserves his props, and Fedor deserves his respect should this be the last time we see him in the cage/ring, etc.

Array

School
    Newborn Cascao
    If Fedor doesn't retire, he needs take a serious look at dropping down to 205.
    Jigoro Kano → Tsunejiro Tomita → Mitsuyo "Count Koma" Maeda → Carlos Gracie, Sr. → Jean Jacques Machado → Eddie Bravo → Myself

Array

School
    UFC Gym -- Thomas Kenney
    I HATE DANA WHITE...HE IS AN ABSOLUTE PIECE OF SHIT!

I just new his punk ass would give one of his famous tweets...and he sure as shit did...then when people piled on about him not giving fedor any props he comes with: @ByronByrd wtf has he done for the sport!? Ur fuckin nuts...now he's calling folks bitches...proving he's a piece of shit. Never quite got over Fedor having the nerve to not want to fight for Czar Dana

Array

School
    Ronin
    Am I missing something? His original tweet was just a smiley face.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    10th Planet Dawsonville Hotbox
    It broke my heart to see him lose again.

Dana is just happy that he's saved millions of dollars good for him lol.

Array

School
    UFC Gym -- Thomas Kenney
    ok..I went sandy vagina on him...still pissed me off that he props up brock like he's some great champion but has no respect for fedor because he didn't want to lose all of his control of his career and go to UFC

fedor lost oh well thats what happens thats why i love this mixed martial arts you never know whats going to happen

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    I'd say as for the fight tonight. Both guys showed huge heart. Silva did a great job of coming at fedor and not backing down. And fedor did a great job of dishing out even after taking some blows. I wouldnt even say fedor got "dominated" in this fight. Even though Silva definitely had the advantage. And was leading in points, Fedor did just about everything right. even while he was having punches reigned down on him. He couldnt buck silva, so he tried to escape the back door.. and then did the same thing 3 more times. There's just not a lot you can do when you have a guy as big as silva on you with any knowledge of the ground game. So i would say Fedor did everything he could to win this match. And had it went to the 3rd round, im sure they would have both kept it entertaining. Neither of them had any intentions of slowing down. But still.. Silva is a MONSTER. I would say as long as there are guys that big in his class.. Fedor ought to think about LHW if he wants to continue. Though if I'd hate to see him stay in after his prime. It always sucks seeing great athletes try to hold on too long. I'd say Fedor was great.. but he is probably on a downhill run from here. But IF he does stay in, and go to LHW, I still think he'll be a force to be reckoned with, i just dont know for how long. Ive still yet to see him be stopped. And i dont know if he needs to stay in until that happens.

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by James Davis View Post
    ok..I went sandy vagina on him...still pissed me off that he props up brock like he's some great champion but has no respect for fedor because he didn't want to lose all of his control of his career and go to UFC
    the Russian Mob says when Fedor retires, Dana offered him 5 million a fight for 5 fights, that's 25 million dollars & M1 tried to '' Strong Arm '' him. thats more than GSP & Anderson's deals, & very generous. & giving M1 a share in proceeds would have been stupid business. Fedors great, but he ain't Anderson or Gsp

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast