Thread: NAGA Dallas

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB

NAGA Dallas

Can yall please watch this video and see what yall think. Jacob Harris lost by one point. They are suppose to get a point for loose sub attempt and 2 points for strong attempt. I have never been witness to what happened today at NAGA. The refs and table workers were more worried about eating pizza than what was going on with the matts. On top of that he woke up sick this morning with fever and sore throat, and manned up and won second in expert. Honest criticism please. Thanks

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    I've been to one Naga and can definitely agree with you assessment of the judging. They sometimes seem to just zone out and miss blatantly obvious stuff. Your kid looked pretty good and props for him overcoming bad circumstances and still competing, that says a lot about a little kid like that. I'm probably not the best person to be giving advice but the main thing I can think of is he needs a little tightening up in transitions and establish more control in more dominant positions. Kid seems like a warrior and probably has many good things via grappling in his future. On a side note, that same judge was judging my Gi matches at Naga. After gogo'ing this one guy he comes up and asks if I liked 10th Planet "or something of the sort". I started joking and said 10th what? Kept him going for a while with my "what books?" and "eddie who". Heheh, he was a cool dude though, reffin...not so much.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    More input please. Close to the end he should have gotton points for gogo attempt then sweep and mount. What do yall think?