Thread: BJ

Array

School
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu & 10th Planet

BJ

I'd love to see Penn vs. Eddie in a Grappling match.. Penn's legs are insanely flexible!!

no disrespect to eddie but bj would go through him, but i love to see bj learn some rubber guard from eddie. it would have helpt him against fitch alot

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    bj wouldent go through eddie.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Quote Originally Posted by ludde View Post
    no disrespect to eddie but bj would go through him, but i love to see bj learn some rubber guard from eddie. it would have helpt him against fitch alot
    Yeah i dont see that happening at all lol. Not to say i dont think bj is an incredible grappler. But did you see the match between leo and penn? it was even, and leo couldnt tap eddie back when eddie was a brown belt. So I think its safe to say that bj wouldnt be going through him. And since this is the internet and you cant hear what im typing.. let me specify that this message could be taken as me trying to belittle you.. and in no way is that what im saying lol. For all i know you could be right.. i just think Eddie has improved a TON since that match against leo, and with BJ training MMA instead of pure jiujitsu, i would guess if anything, his jj isnt as good as it used to be.. so i would say weight advantage goes to BJ, but everything else goes to eddie. I would actually probably go with eddie on this one.

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys
    They are both elite level grapplers guys, unless they actually roll sometime no one can tell.

Array

School
    Rocha BJJ / Gracie Humaita
    Are we talking about go or no gi? I think nogi, there is no one who is going to walk through either guy. I actually don't see it ending in submission, both are so wily. If I gave an edge to Penn, it would only be based on physical talent - not saying that Eddie is not physically talented, but Penn is ridiculous with his natural balance and flexibility. Eddie had to work for it.

If we are talking gi, you have to give BJ the advantage. He won worlds in the gi, and Eddie doesn't spend very much time in the gi (from what I know, not positive though). Then again, I wouldn't be surprised at all of Eddie caught him.

Array

School
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu & 10th Planet
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyK5 View Post
    They are both elite level grapplers guys, unless they actually roll sometime no one can tell.
    +1!

I would just love them to see them roll together, and get to watch that level of technique being displayed.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    i agree ^^ i dont think eddie would be getting a sub anytime quick.. but i think youd have to play cardio into it. and bj, well.. we know how that goes. :S

Quote Originally Posted by chronic_jiujitsu View Post
    i agree ^^ i dont think eddie would be getting a sub anytime quick.. but i think youd have to play cardio into it. and bj, well.. we know how that goes. :S

are you insinuating Eddie would have better cardio than Penn? If so I think I need you to support that one with some evidence.........