Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys
    Seriously, this conversation could have only happen in this forum.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal
    The Klingons are a warrior culture, whereas the Vulcans are more into art and science. I hate to say it, but the Klingon takes it.
    Head Instructor of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal

WWW.10thplanetjiujitsumtl.com

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Ho View Post
    The Klingons are a warrior culture, whereas the Vulcans are more into art and science. I hate to say it, but the Klingon takes it.
    But your premise was a "Vulcan Athlete", I admit that's a bit of an oxymoron but it was the premise nonetheless. I mean are we talking same weight class here? Because that would bend the advantage towards the Vulcans which I believe are pound for pound stronger than any other race. I just remember Spok being able to take punches like a brick shit house in some episodes.

All races considered though, humans would win since Gene Roddenberry always gives us the unfair genetic ability of, "indomitable human spirit", which usually trumps everything.

Array

School
    10th Planet & Nova Uniao
    All races considered though, humans would win since Gene Roddenberry always gives us the unfair genetic ability of, "indomitable human spirit", which usually trumps everything.
    LOL Truth!

Match was already done, When the spock that was regenerated on the seed planet went apeshit and destroyed the Klingon warrior that was pissing him off. Vulcans are stronger, fight smart, and dont let emotions get them into trouble. Klingons, like to beat their chests and talk alot of shit, while Vulcans either Ko you with a pinch, or just break your neck.

Esp if we are talking Rodenberry age Star trek, here Klingons were more or less just ugly humans, and were not particularly strong or great figthers (Kirk was knocking them around like bowling pins). Vulcans, on the other hand, were not to be trifled with. Later, with the new generation, Klingons were suddenly a good bit stronger and better technical fighters (since some of them were "good guys" now) but even then we never see the Vulcan vs Klingon match. Spock used to whip them easy in the original series too. Klingons were pretty much cans.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post
    But your premise was a "Vulcan Athlete", I admit that's a bit of an oxymoron but it was the premise nonetheless. I mean are we talking same weight class here? Because that would bend the advantage towards the Vulcans which I believe are pound for pound stronger than any other race. I just remember Spok being able to take punches like a brick shit house in some episodes.

I think you are correct, the Vulcan takes it easy, very easy. Hell Spock, the Science officer, used to whip Klingons like they were rented mules.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal
    You guys are right. Spock was pretty badass. But would he be able to take on someone like Worf? Worf spends all his time thinking about fighting. He doesn't even like girls. Kinda like most of the guys on this thread.
    Head Instructor of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal

WWW.10thplanetjiujitsumtl.com

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    You guys are right. Spock was pretty badass. But would he be able to take on someone like Worf? Worf spends all his time thinking about fighting. He doesn't even like girls. Kinda like most of the guys on this thread.
    True. That was the whole funny thing about Worf, he was a like a jock who's balls hadn't dropped.

Spock only thought about fighting when he had to, but was quite the warrior, he could use various Vulcan weapons (like the polearm he and Kirk dueled with when he was "horny" and back on Vulcan), was brutal strong, could take a punch that would cave in prime Mark hunt, and was a super genious. Spock would take worf, and literally shove his head up his own ass. Keep in mind, Spock was not a full time warrior (as far as I know, he was no sort of warrior, but what is a science officer on Vulcan).

The real question, is just how bad ass are the Romulans? They have the intellect of the Vulcans, as well as the physical attributes, but actually have the emotional range of humans, and they are a warrior culture.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast