Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Diego Sanchez

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post
    If you go to fight metric: http://blog.fightmetric.com/2011/03/...icial-ufc.html

and I isolate the perspective to rounds 2 and 3 then you can begin to see how close the fight actually was. And remember, the 10 point must system scores each round almost as a separate fight rather than the whole fight as a whole.

Diego was slaughtered in round one but came back to tighten it up in 2 and seems to have won round 3.
    I don't know how your reading that but Fight metric scored the fight in favor of Kampmann giving him the first and second round and Diego the third. But if you look at the third round they landed the same number of strikes the only difference was Diego got the 1 takedown but since he missed three and Kampmann got back to his feet with in a few seconds that take down did not mean much. And if you break it down round for round Kampmann landed with a higher percentage of accuracy in every round meaning he was more efficient with his strikes.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Wylie View Post
    I don't know how your reading that but Fight metric scored the fight in favor of Kampmann giving him the first and second round and Diego the third. But if you look at the third round they landed the same number of strikes the only difference was Diego got the 1 takedown but since he missed three and Kampmann got back to his feet with in a few seconds that take down did not mean much. And if you break it down round for round Kampmann landed with a higher percentage of accuracy in every round meaning he was more efficient with his strikes.
    Well, when I click the 3rd round button it shows a match of 19 to 19 even strikes for both fighters with 14 of Diego's being powerful head shots compared to Campann's 6 power head shots. Combine that with Diego's aggressive pacing and ring dominance, I can see how head shot loving judge would give it to Sanchez.

As for round two, I said that Diego was tightening it up, implying that it wasn't as one sided as the first round. Campann getting 27 significant strikes over Diego's 22 however Diego, once again, winning in the power head shot category with 18 to 15. Again, given the judges' proclivity for head shots and standing in the center of the ring I could see how someone could give him the second round.

The fight was closer than people are making it out to be and honestly, damage should have been a criteria for the judges. It wasn't like Diego was getting sliced with elbows on the ground, he was taking some serious punches and his face reflected that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123