Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Costa Mesa
    It's not as if Dan Hardy doesn't cut weight. The weight cut issue is really a good job of ignoring his take down defense percentage.

Array

School
    10th Planet Costa Mesa
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Nowling View Post
    rules are rules. quit cryin.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pourya S View Post
    going purely on pictures from weigh ins.. Of course this is purely assumption based on pictures lol.. but he is definitely cutting water and I'd venture to say more then you think based on how much his skin sticks. Probably about half that weight...
    He cuts around 12-15 lbs of water, This is easily done with a same day weigh in. That was my point. He would still fight 170. He isnt doing to insane cuts some guys do (he is a good sized welter weight, but could still make 170, how he would perform, or any of them would, with a same day weigh in, is another story).

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post
    His wrestling training is also directly correlated to his hip movement. It's a major deficiency of many BJJ grapplers. If you don't have collegiate level wrestling then don't even bother to approach the top tiers of MMA.
    I completely agree, being a wrestler definitely gives you an edge, but come on... that's a little extreme Machida, Shogun, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, GSP, Maia, Pettis, Aldo, Wandy, Okami, Griffin, Nick Diaz, Bas Rutten, Noguiera, Matt Serra all fighters without collegiate wrestling backrounds that reached top tier mma.

no disrespect but that opinions a little extreme brother

In my opinion the fact that Hardy lost doesen't mean everyone who isn't a wrestler should give up in mma, if they all gave up we never would have seen the champs I mentioned above. It just means hardy's grappling could use some work.

Quote Originally Posted by James Davis View Post
    I'm sorry folks...but this takes on the same type of argument people used to say about Shaq. Well hell if he wasn't 7 feet tall he would suck? well he is 7 feet tall. Same thing with genetics. Sports is not fair by it's very nature. Some people are born fast, some people are born to be able to have power or take punishment. It's not even like Rumble is a world champion. Dude's not beating GSP....he beat a mid carder. His last fight he got finished off so it even isn't like the guy is unbeatable. Dan Hardy lost to a superior fighter.
    Dan hardy just needs to keep working. If this theory were true please explain how Jean Jacques Machado, who was born with essentially one hand won nearly every bjj championship in Brazil and Abhu Dhabi, and the Pan Ams. Twice.

Array

School
    10th Planet Costa Mesa
    there's always an exception to the rule. is he the only one born with one hand who has accomplished that ?

if there is one exception then it opens up the possibility for there to be more. Anthony Robles became national wrestling champ with one leg. Nogeuira was run over by a truck when he was a kid and became UFC champ. Dodie Boy Penalosa was born with polio, and won the IBF boxing title with one leg shorter than the other. Everyone has their own demons to overcome.

If Machado can take that many championships with such extreme adversity, Dan Hardy's problems are minuscule compared to that. It's up to him to determine whether he wins or not. Nothing else.

Array

School
    10th Planet Costa Mesa
    So Genetics doesn't have Everything to do with it. But does that mean it has Nothing to do with it? Or at least has A LOT to do with it ?

Array

School
    10th Planet Sylmar/ JJBJJ
    Lol this thread is funny and pointless.

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Martinez View Post
    Lol this thread is funny and pointless.
    Could you please enlighten us on why it is pointless?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast