Array

School
    Fighting Dragons Combat Sports & Behring Jiu Jitsu

Have You Ever Been Told Something, You Know Will Stay With You Forever

I'm not talking about sad things...... Like when someone tells you someone you care about has passed away. I'm talking about the things that reach inside you, inspire you to do great things.

The first came from my dad when I first started to train. He told me," You may not want to become a fighter, but you will know how to fight. The world can be a dangerous place,one of my jobs is to make sure your ready for it when the time comes. When you enter the world on your own you will be a hunter.......you will be a lion.......you will never be the prey." It took me a while to understand it, but I got it later. Its his job to make sure I beleave in my skill enough,never to be a victim.

The second was the first time I met Eddie . I was at a seminar full of adults. He stopped right in the middle of it and said, "Everyone take a good look at this kid !!!!! 8 years from now your looking at one bad mother f@cker." I have worked everyday since than to make sure that happens.

Last night was the most recent. When I turned 13 a couple days ago my coach's said they are taking me to the next level with my training. I think they worried a little that I would think they were being to hard on me..... which I never would. But my coach pulled me aside and he's a man of few words. He said " When you were a child, you trained like a man....... now that your a man, we are going to train you like a champion."

Do you guys have anything that has stuck with you, that still makes the hair stand up on my arms when you think about it.

Array

School
    Back from vacation
    No

actually my dad gave me great advice in high school. Looking twards the future with no plans he said " get paid for what you Know, not what you Do". Its working out good. But he is also the guy that said " if you can pick up you lady and throw her over your shoulder, get a friend and throw her out the door". I love my dad.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    you are so damn lucky to have a father like yours connner, my dad was rarely around. He did stop by a few times in my life, but it was only to see my mom, he had 19 kids so I guess I can't blame him for not ever bonding with me. But he did tell me 2 things that stuck with me. 1. Never be cruel to children becaue they won't always be little and 2. make sure your wife is at least 15 years younger than you.

Guess what? My gf is 15 years younger than me
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MO
    Ace Hood told me to Hustle Hard....Best thing my dad ever did for me was leave when I was 5, thanks dad :-)

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Best thing my dad ever said to me was "Take care of the little things and the big things won't seem as big".

Still trying to get that one right.

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    "There's no bigger tragedy than potential wasted." and "The foundation of achievement is intense desire." Not from my father, but from great people. I like the "15 years younger than you" from Poppa Bravo one.

Array

School
    Fighting Dragons Combat Sports & Behring Jiu Jitsu
    Holy Sh#t. 19 kids. Man that had to be rough. I couldn't think of my dad not being a part of my life. But just like my dad being a part of my life is helping make me who I am. Maybe you not having him around, helped make you strong, and who you are. Things happen for a reason. I'm sure if your dad is still alive, he has to be proud of who you have become. I'm sure he wish's he was more a part of it.

I guess a dad thats never around is bad, it could be worse. I know guys who dads are around. But there idea of family time is getting drunk and beating the sh@t out of them and there mothers. I guess we both have it good if you look at them.