Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne Oz Australia

Eddie Bravo talks to Mike Straka

Great interview, and the ending was epic!

Array

School
    Marcelo Garcia Academy, NYC
    Interesting point about "Brazilian" jiu jitsu being tied to the Gi when there's nothing authentically Brazilian about the Gi. I never actually thought of that.

Array

School
    Jingy's Boxing Club
    Great interview one issue i had is Brazilian jiujitsu comes from the ne waza techniques of Judo not traditional japanese jiujitsu theres alot of standing joint locks and striking in traditional jiujitsu as well as sweeps, throws, and ground fighting judo comes from traditional japanese jiujitsu. Mitsuyo Maeda the man that taught the Gracies was a Kodokan judo practitioner he competed in no hold barred fights and picked up some catch wrestling techniques along the way.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Fantastic interview

Array

School
    10th Planet & Nova Uniao
    Gotta love Renato!

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox!
    I was waiting for another Renato vs. Eddie scrap right there on the show

Man, that Renato dude is the chit! I love that guy!

Array

School
    Marcelo Garcia Academy, NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by Aikijiujitsu View Post
    Great interview one issue i had is Brazilian jiujitsu comes from the ne waza techniques of Judo not traditional japanese jiujitsu theres alot of standing joint locks and striking in traditional jiujitsu as well as sweeps, throws, and ground fighting judo comes from traditional japanese jiujitsu. Mitsuyo Maeda the man that taught the Gracies was a Kodokan judo practitioner he competed in no hold barred fights and picked up some catch wrestling techniques along the way.
    No offense, but its hard to understand what you're trying to say in the long first sentence. However, I think I disagree with you.. First, Judo is a stripped down form of Jiu Jitsu, so BJJ certainly stems from Jiu Jitsu and not Judo. Second, regarding standing joint locks and such, there is a lot of that in Gracie Jiu Jitsu. If you check the book, "Gracie Jiu Jitsu: The Master Text", you'll note about half the book is standing techniques.

Array

School
    Jingy's Boxing Club
    I guess what I'm trying to say is brazilian jiujitsu is not Jiujitsu as a whole its just one aspect of it, also how is bjj not from judo when Mitsuyo Maeda was a kodokan judo practioner. Kodokan is alot different from what judo is today but its still alot different from lets say Daito Ryu Aiki Jiujitsu.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast