Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Weed Question!

Array

School
    Going Rogue Again
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdeye View Post
    Why do I always have a full blown 180 bpm, full adrenalin dump panic attack when I smoke?
    cos it sucks to be you of course
    trollololol

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Elton View Post
    im not a doctor so i dont know the whole story
    but i hear stories all the time of hit helping
    but in the lung run can potentially cause cancer of the lungs and copd
    so its your choice
    Vaporize it then.. The reason cigarettes give you cancer is not because of nicotine which is more or less like caffeine.. if people had nicotine in their moca or what not in the morning they would never tell the difference and the addiction level is pretty similar.. Tar is what causes cancer.. there are 60 or so cancer causing __ (forgot the name believe it starts with an m) in tobacco smoke etc..

Only reason I bring up cigs is because that is the primary reason there is that stigma. Marijuana smoke is no where near the same.. while not ideal.. if it bothers you, you can eat and or vaporize it lol.. Also its been used in modern western medicine since the 60s or 70s don't remember exact dates.. but it has plenty of medically recorded uses and countless studies on weed none that I know of that have linked it directly to cancer(the smoke is really the only thing to worry about). Sorry for smugged details.. I gotta head to class and I'm far to lazy to find them.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    Dudes, there are so many strains out there that you would not believe and everyone does something a little different. Now I am talking about Med quality not dirt weed. A quick guide: indica, sativa, and hybrids. All Kush's are hybrids, it depends on what the cross breed is to determine how heavy sativa or indica that it is. Now, for example white widow is a hybrid that is amazing for pain and creativity. Grapefruit Kush is a hybrid made from Grapefruit strain out of canada crossed with OG Kush it is also good for pain. Now as far as panic attack, you are probably hitting a strong sativa, go for hybrids that are a fairly equal mix. Also, for the panic attacks do you only smoke a night? If so try to smoke earlier in the day and start with small amounts and see if that helps. Only time I ever get that panic feeling is if I smoke a sativa heavy before I go to bed. Hope that makes since and helps some.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Smith View Post
    WTF Herzog did you graduate from Cannabis University or something? Holy fuck! I didn't realize there was so much to know about weed.
    No its called integrity, I reasearch shit before I start passing out information to others. I only started smoking (vaping) regularly about 3-4years ago myself and it had increased the quality of my life. I kept an actual diary of how it worked, made me feel, pros/cons, etc.

Great to see you back on the forum brotha!!!
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Woolsey View Post
    Dudes, there are so many strains out there that you would not believe and everyone does something a little different. Now I am talking about Med quality not dirt weed. A quick guide: indica, sativa, and hybrids. All Kush's are hybrids, it depends on what the cross breed is to determine how heavy sativa or indica that it is. Now, for example white widow is a hybrid that is amazing for pain and creativity. Grapefruit Kush is a hybrid made from Grapefruit strain out of canada crossed with OG Kush it is also good for pain. Now as far as panic attack, you are probably hitting a strong sativa, go for hybrids that are a fairly equal mix. Also, for the panic attacks do you only smoke a night? If so try to smoke earlier in the day and start with small amounts and see if that helps. Only time I ever get that panic feeling is if I smoke a sativa heavy before I go to bed. Hope that makes since and helps some.
    BTW Brandon knows his shit, we had a 6 hour discussion on this while I was in Texas, or at least it seemed like 6 hours. Few people put me down while enjoying a toke. Brandon beat my ass like Jon Jones vs Shogun, However I didn't feel a single punch!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Edlund View Post
    Marijuana is a stimulant. Depending on what type you are using. Your central nervous system is comprised of the sympathetic and the parasympathetic systems. A chemical introduced to your system with sympathetic properties (ie: Marijuana, Cocaine, Pseudoephedrine) will increase heart rate, pupil dilation, blood pressure due to vasoconstriction, and lengthened sense of time. YOUR FLIGHT OR FIGHT RESPONSE)That's why things feel like they take FFFFFOOOOOOORRRRRRREEEEEVVVVVVVEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR R!

You're heart rate gets jacked because you are actually taking in a stimulant. Just the bodies normal response. If you're a guy that can't handle a cup of coffee...then weed may not be for you.

Sativas in particular can have this effect, try an Indica or a hybrid, if your heart is racing, or your having panic attack like symptoms. Also ease your way into it, no need to smoke your face off.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    LOL thanks for the props Coach!! I really think it was like 6 hours!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Indianapolis
    The great thing about vaping is that it involves no combustion so you will not be inhaling all the other chemicals that are produced when the herb is lit up. Those other chemicals seem to actually play an affect on my actual "high".

For example, when Ive had an injury and smoked my herbs using a glass piece, it has seemed as if I didnt get the same anti-inflammatory affect as I when I vaped. Also when I vape I dont get that slight sluggish feeling, but I often do when I smoke out of a glass piece. Its weird, but I pretty much always smoke the same strain so Im thinking strain type doesnt have much play in my theory...

Who knows...All I can say is I will always recommend vaping before anything else.

Array

School
    Kankakee Jiu Jitsu Club
    If you wanna learn about the effects on the lungs look at Dr.Donald tashkin he is the lead researcher on the pulmonary effects of drugs at UCLA he did a 20 year study just on weed!!! There are videos on YouTube?

Array

School
    Port City MMA
    Wow I never expected to gain so much knowledge from such a simple question. You guys are awesome!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast