Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Port City MMA

Big Night of First Time Submissions!!!

Holy crap!!! I couldn't believe the night I had... It was almost un-real!!! After Studying the 10th Planet system informally for a year & a half, & formally since December, I am finally starting to smooth out the rough edges... Just tonight I landed my First Stoner Control with finished arm triangle, my first successful godfather to closed guard, my first straight jacket from the stock, & my first wheelchair from the truck!!! Now when I say "landed", I mean that I legitimately set these up (they were no accident) & succeeded in a live roll without forcing the technique or exerting too much energy... Granted the guys I rolled with were also other white belts & didn't have as much mat time as me but they have successfully stopped my attempts on these techniques before from my lack of drilling and strategy in my set-ups... My new goal is to start landing these techniques on experienced grapplers...

-Thank you Eddie Bravo for creating a system that thinks outside the box, giving us a place to share our love for 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu, and granting Alabama a legitimate 10th Planet Instructor...

-Thank you Bobby Rivers for getting me started on the 10th Planet Path & for continuing to help me with my game when our schedules don't conflict... You are hard on me, but you have a heart of gold & I can see that you care deeply about helping me and everyone you work with to get better... I respect you greatly!!!

-Thank you Scott Epstein, Denny Prokopos, & Sean Bollinger for the 10th Planet All Star DvD and for all the contributions you have made to the 10th Planet system...

- And most of all.. Thank you Brandon McCaghren (who I consider to be my instructor even though we live 5 1/2 hrs apart) for inspiring my attention to detail even further, helping me to not fear being put in a bad position, teaching me how to breathe (which has helped me most of all), as well as always being polite, kind, and encouraging... Also, thank you for being a friend and a cool ass dude to hang out with... I feel truly blessed to know you...

Sorry about the novel guys!!!
    Last edited by Josh Smith; 09-02-2010 at 11:37 PM.

Awesome job. Congrats!

Array

School
    Port City MMA
    Thanks man... I still got a long rd. ahead of me!!! I feel like I just took step "one"...

Array

School
    10th planet charlotte
    good going josh...it does feel great when your gameplan comes together,

Array

School
    Port City MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by michael craig View Post
    good going josh...it does feel great when your gameplan comes together,
    Yea, I guess it will become "brag worthy" when it comes together on Purple & Brown Belts... Give Jon my best...
    Last edited by Josh Smith; 09-02-2010 at 11:38 PM.

Array

School
    10th planet charlotte
    i will..us southern 10th planeters do have to stick together

Array

School
    Port City MMA
    Yea Buddy!!! Southern Pride Son...

Array

School
    Fi-G Muay Thai/Honeybadger MMA
    Well done.

I hit a flying turkey with my car yesterday.

Array

School
    Fi-G Muay Thai/Honeybadger MMA
    Maybe we should sticky a "I did something cool last night and Im too excited and have to tell someone" thread. I would be an active participant.

My flatmates look very unimpressed when I tell them about whatever I managed to make work at training. Even less impressed when I use one to demonstrate.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast