Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Impact and 10th Planet Portland

jacked lower back from pullups?

hey all, i jacked my lower back really bad from something. at first i thought it was from a guard pass that we did in class, but that was 3 days before it started hurting and the night before i did pullup and chinups to fail, can that cause lower back problems?

i miss class

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    I've jacked my back up from a sneeze so id say its def possible
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Deimos View Post
    +1 same thing happen to me

maybe you tensed your body up and when you pulled up with your arms you pulled a muscle as well
    ice it but not for to long, if you leave the ice on it you can get frostbite on the spot!
    hope u get better man
    good luck!

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    I think you'd have to leave it on for quite awhile to get frostbite
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Alliance Jiu-Jitsu Orlando
    Absolutely, especially if you worked the muscles to failure. More than likely you tweaked either your lats or possibly your lower traps, both of which are involved (moreso the lats) with complaints of lower back pain. I would take it easy over the weekend and if you're gonna ice it, make sure it's for no more than 15-20 minutes at a time. Anytime you work muscles to failure you need to make sure your exercise form is 100% on point otherwise you definitely risk injuring yourself, especially during the last couple of reps. Good luck!

Array

School
    Combat Sports Center
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Weise View Post
    Absolutely, especially if you worked the muscles to failure. More than likely you tweaked either your lats or possibly your lower traps, both of which are involved (moreso the lats) with complaints of lower back pain. I would take it easy over the weekend and if you're gonna ice it, make sure it's for no more than 15-20 minutes at a time. Anytime you work muscles to failure you need to make sure your exercise form is 100% on point otherwise you definitely risk injuring yourself, especially during the last couple of reps. Good luck!
    I'd agree, it should be putting more of a strain on your core rather than your lower back (perticulerly if you were doing weighted pullups)

Array

School
    Serra BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Deimos View Post
    I'm sorry for the injury, but that's kind of funny. That being said, I jacked my neck before by just turning it.

Array

School
    Impact and 10th Planet Portland
    ok thanks all, just seems odd because i have never done that before but that has to be it. the worst part is that it's healing so fucking slow. should i be stretching or leave it be?

for sure i'm enjoying some of my medical herb for awhile

Is the pain in the posterior chain (middle of the lower back) or at the lower lats (Little higher at the sides)?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast