Array

School
    Peter De Been Caroline Springs

perpendicular jiu-claw shoulder crank

is this move part of the system? ive been experimenting with it recently and ive got to say, this move isnt new but it is totally legit.

i cant find a video but this is pretty close, except that you hook their armpit instead of their knee:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqvVuAzTh5s

basically, you can get a straight shoulderlock straight from perpendicular jiuclaw. it doesnt attack the elbow at all so its a great alternative if you cant finish the hazelett when someone has an iron grip on their pants.

nino schembri, dean lister and cesar gracie all go over it in their instructionals but i never understood the mechanics of it until cesar gracie explained one very small but important detail.

the detail that i was missing is that you dont want your knee to go over their shoulder if you want to get this move. you want to apply downwards pressure with your knee on the armpit side of their shoulder as you straighten out your other leg and move your hips away.

now im experimenting to see if i can hit this from the top, from a defended baby arm... yeah its silly but i obsess about stuff like this lol