Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting Old

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute

Getting Old

Alright guys, let me in on your secrets... Each day that passes I feel older and older. The young guys in the gym try their best to hunt me down and my experience and wisdom get me by. I feel I can only do this for so long. I've just started trying to completely change the way I eat and introduce vitamins and supplements into my routine. I've also got 2 boys (6 and 2) and I def want to be a healthy dad for a long time.

Im only 15 but this is how i work. Cardio is my first priority. Than go strictly on defense. And takedowns. The best offense is a good defense.

Array

School
    Back from vacation
    Get a divorce.

a good no carb/ low carb protein ,bcaa in your post workout/roll drink , balanced diet ,fish oil for joint care ,maybe go see the doctor about getting blood work done to test you hormone levels and testosterone levels i have never slept better healed faster ever in my life when i was on a test sup ,yoga , and shit have fun with it all your boys look like little legends , and magic aoki pants

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Elton View Post
    Im only 15 but this is how i work. Cardio is my first priority. Than go strictly on defense. And takedowns. The best offense is a good defense.
    Ah everything makes so much sense now. Ah man, my bad for being a dick if I ever came off that way.

Dont worry about it
    I argue alot but i do think chael wud still win :P haha

Array

School
    In my mind
    Clinton is dead on man. I've been old since I was 10 bro! Years of jumping from every aircraft imagineable and humping 25 miles with a 132 lb. ruck has taken its toll. That's not even counting the 26 years of tkd and bjj since 92. All that fun resulted in well over 100 shoulder dislocations, inguinal hernia, two fused vertebrea, and a collar bone that sticks up like the devil's wing lmfao. I woke up about 3 years ago and looked in the mirror. I was an obese 32 year OLD man with a son. I said piss on this, I'm gonna die! I grabbed the wii fit and some 10th planet stuff and took off. 365 days later I was down 212 lbs. Good food, good friends, good jits bro. Have faith that you can change how you perceive your age. You can change your entire life right now. Just make it happen captain!

Array

School
    Neil Simkin BJJ
    Less of the old! I'm not far behind you (30 in August). I've been rolling for years and seen the young guns come and go. They start, love it, become obsessed and train 24/7 for a few months, then suddenly stop coming.

The key to immortality: 5 portions of fruit/veg a day, plenty of exercise - did you know that jiu jitsu is good exercise?
    Failing that, get yourself cryogenically frozen until they create a way of replacing the weak organic body with everlasting titanium alloy.

cooked broccoli, and raw celery, avocados, almonds, and oysters will naturally boost your testosterone. Testosterone is a huge part what makes you feel young. Cooked brocolli is really good I eat it every day because not only does it help boost test, but it also blocks estrogen production.

Array

School
    !0thP ATX
    Man can I relate! I'm 46 now and I can tell you this for sure. You have to change your thought process. Eating well and supplements are awesome and a great start but getting older I find I have to be smarter. I train around injuries, around work, around my girl, around everything. Youth gives you the luxury of training THROUGH things. As I have gotten older I find I have to come up with more creative solutions to achieve things I once tore through as a younger man. For me I embraced growing older as another obstacle. Is it hard and does it suck? It absolutely kills me that I have to work harder now to just maintain where I'm at, when once there always progress. Sweet lord yes, but theres only one other alternative and thats just stop and grow old, fat and miserable. but I will tell you its great when I catch someone much younger and much quicker than I am especially if I have dictated the pace of the roll. I think another thing for me is truly trying to let go of ego and useless pride in that I will have good days and bad, the old sometimes you're a hammer and sometimes the nail thing, but either way I always try to think to myself, relentless forward momentum.!
    Belief is the death of knowledge. RAW

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast