Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Array

School
    Scottish hit Squad
    Any idea on pricing and such yet?

K Madden

Quote Originally Posted by geo View Post
    alot on the line for both eddie and royler, if royler wins alot will say eddies win was a fluke years ago, if eddie wins people will say eddies new improved style is surpassing traditional jj and its the best, and hed be 2-0 against a legend. or some people who dont like eddie will say roylers old and past his prime. politics suck in general, both guys are still in great shape and may the better man on that night win. im cool with the gracies and renzo and cool with 10th planet and eddie, i think that gracie guys can sharpen thier games from training with 10th planet and 10th planet can sharpen thier games working with a renzo gracie no gi wizard like john danaher. instead of bashing each others styles they should put the bullshit behind them and train together more and everyone would get better
    ive never heard ANYTHING negative come from Eddie about the Gracies. Heck, I think apart from friendly competition...i think you are hard pressed to find ANYONE saying anything negative about the Gracies. Most people here understand that its about getting out there, and expanding your knowledge base. thats why this system is so amazing. things that worked 4 years ago are GONE. we found something better and now thats what we focus on.
    and thats why i love the system so much!

Array

School
    Super Gym, Knutsford
    I grew up in awe of the Gracies (including Royler of course) and in recent years I've grown to love 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu - albeit more passively than proactively.

Now both guys are going to compete in a rematch? Within an hour's drive of my home?? That's insanely exciting, if a little surreal and I'll be there for sure!

Array

School
    Combat Sports Center
    i'm in.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Verry interested... Im going to have to persuade my mom to get me there though, any more details would be appreciated. Warrrrrr 10th planetttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Array

School
    Ultimate Performance of Pueblo
    OOoooohhhhhhHHHHH shit I need to be there!

Array

School
    Charles Gracie Reno
    I would make sure the match is actually going to happen before anyone goes about buying anything. This was recently posted on facebook from 10th planet jj: "‎5 days after accepting the rematch, Royler is now asking for 50k just to show up plus the 25k win bonus. Eddie Bravo just got off the phone with the VP of ADCC Guy Nievens and the ADCC is refusing to pay the 50k.
    Eddie's business manager is setting up a Royler relief PayPal account.
    That's right. Eddie Bravo is raising money for Royler to have the rematch."

Array

School
    Combat Sports Center
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisGallagher View Post
    Any idea on pricing and such yet?
    should only be about €40 i think.

Array

School
    Combat Sports Center
    i reacon i'l go anyway seen as i should get flights + hotel for about €150-200 and i get to see ryan hall and marcello garcia and the like still. but the main reason is still eddie. so hopefully this works out.

Array

School
    London
    This is insane! I signed up to Eddie's site after I heard what's happening from his twitter page, and wanted to participate in this forum discussion.

I wonder if Royler legitimately thinks that he would get what he demands and that's why he was doing this due to the hype, if that is the case then I completely understand.

However, in my opinion (and 100% of the people I have spoken to regarding this) I think that his demands are completely and absolutely unrealistic. Either way I think it's a good idea that this ''relief fund'' is being set up.

As someone mentioned there is a lot on the line. For years I have observed of the sometimes negative and bitter way Eddie is talked about among some BJJ instructors/practitioners here in the UK and in the States, which I always thought was needlessly spiteful and disrespectful (which completely goes against the true philosophy of martial arts). I never ever understood this negative mentality, especially when Eddie has stated publicly many times how much he respects and loves BJJ, the Gracie's etc.

If this rematch ever takes there, I hope i'm there to witness it, the adrenaline is pumping through me as I type these words!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast