Thread: Gracie Diet

Array

School
    Wichita Jiu Jitsu Club

Gracie Diet

I downloaded and checked out the Gracie Diet book the other day just to see what it was all about. Curious if anyone out there has given it a shot?

I have no idea what it is, Im doing paleo diet right now.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MO
    hows paleo? ive been wanting to try it

Array

School
    Combat Sports Center
    doesn't the gracie diet require you to consume about €20 worth of fruit and veg in smothies a day?

Well, for paleo - its a tough diet change. I used to be vegetarian and it was easier to manage and shop for. But as with any diet - once u get in the groove it becomes easier. I really enjoy the amount of energy I get from the paleo, way more than vegetarian. I admit - vegetarian made me drop down to 145 lbs, but had 0 energy. Paleo has me walking around @ 165, but with a lot of roll in me. I get full quicker with paleo, although the bill cost more. I do cheat a little with 1 open meal on the weekends and I have not eliminated corn or peanuts from my diet. Depends on what philosophy u want to follow. I follow... if u can eat it raw, its paleo enough for me - I don't care if technically a peanut is a legume and not a nut :-P Corn aswell, u can eat it raw. But that's my personal choice. I did ditch all forms of rice, soy, and bean though. No more insulin spikes and sluggishness from yummy delicious bread. From what I understand, there are different 5 different "dominant" enzymes in the stomach. The key is to find a diet that matches with your dominant enzyme. (Kind of like how people have different blood types)

Ps. I'm no doctor :-P

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    It classes different types of foods into different categories and then tells you that you cant eat group A foods with group B food etc. It also says that you can only eat once every four hours which is prety bad for gaining muscle. I imagine you would feel prety healthy on it, I would never do it though

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by GBurton View Post
    It classes different types of foods into different categories and then tells you that you cant eat group A foods with group B food etc. It also says that you can only eat once every four hours which is prety bad for gaining muscle. I imagine you would feel prety healthy on it, I would never do it though
    gracie diet that is

Besides Googling paleo, u can check out this guys twitter feed on paleo. http://bit.ly/mjuEbm

I like some of their drink recipes. Rener is funny as hell on those vids.

Array

School
    Team X-T1
    One of the guy's I coach is doing the Dolce Diet at the mo.......19 pounds loss in just over 2 weeks