Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    At least we have Steven Seagal to look up to!

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

Array

School
    none
    @Frank R.... Sure the movies gave him exposure but i don't see how his films would diminish his worth as an influential figure in martial arts. Believe it or not the dood could actually go & was an instructor before the big films. I understand that in your mind it's hard to make the comparison between he and the gracies due to the times being different and the magnitude to what MMA has evolved to because of Rorion but it's not just the going out and fighting people that make you a martial artist(Bruce did fight, did win). Bruce was a philosopher with a mind as powerful as any fist. Its hard not to be inspired by his total body of work. @Hoback jeayuh WuTang4eva bruh!

Array

School
    None
    I understand he was a great martial artist. Nobody is taking that away from him. I was just talking about the movies getting his name around the world because let's face it, the only place any of us ever heard of him was in a film. He was before our generation for us to have ever even seen him on top of him being in another part of the world and word of mouth alone could not have got him as maintream as he is today. Nobody has mentioned anything about what makes someone a martial artist or not so I don't know where you are getting that from. The Gracies spread philosophy just as much as they have spread their techniques... Both inspire people around the world but regardless of how, we can both agree that they did something right if we are having this discussion and because of them we are on this forum today. Amazing.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/v6F-77IwXMw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TMNT FTW
    bruce's path may have taken twists and turns through things other than fighting, and like everyone else he had his own journey but the philosophies he ended up with were pretty air tight, and are basically the same things that all successful modern warriors use.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeCunningham View Post
    much better thank you

Array

School
    10th planet Hotbox Dawsonville :) North Georgia MMA
    Comparing Bruce Lee to Mike Tyson is like comparing Water to fire. To totally different things homie!Bruce Lee understood the Art of Martial Arts. Mike Tyson was a great boxer but not a Martial Artist. Bruce Lee changed the game.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234