Array

School
    11th Dimension

First Gi tournament wow is it different.

Saturday I competed in a Gi only tournament without much experience w/gi. I did absolute because I didnt want to cut weight. Well I beat first guy by points in sudden death, he was also like 50lbs less then me. 2nd match went against a 6'7" 290lber. He just pushed me down and went into my HG. He eventually got into my QG then subed me with an americana. I didnt bother with my weight class cause It was still 210+ I guess I should have cut those 5lbs,lol.
    Back to the drawing board need to figure out how to beat them big guys.

Array

School
    Alliance BJJ Hawaii
    My experience with being in the big boy division is.... Don't let this Ape get top control and if he does, get the hell out of there... fast!!! I did my first tournament a couple of months ago and I got a quick lesson in "Big Boy Grappling". I learned a lot on what my weekness's are and I'm working on them. Its a very slow pace and they just smash all there weight on you. I got cought in the same move as you did and thats a big boys go 2 move. In training, I'm trying to work off of my back more and working on my side control escapes and getting back into weight lifting to get my strentgh up. Good luck bro on your next tourney.

Array

School
    Pittsburgh/10th Planet Morgantown
    Absolutely, gotta move fast with a bigger opponent in gi or the battle is over quick. Starting to really hate the fact that someone can control me by grabbing my clothes. What a bunch of BS.

Thank god i can be a tall ass lightweight lol
    But i have that prob all the time but the guys i go against have like 3+ years experience on me which is why i always lose to em