Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mts 22 :(

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared Gammel View Post
    IMO, the MTS have gotten worse. They went from being 20 minutes and all JJ technique, to basically an hour with what feels like 40 minutes of dead time. Just my opinion of course, the horde can show their rage, but I'd just watch reality TV if I wanted a to see a bunch of California people socializing and flexing their intellects. If it was all JJ, I wouldn't care, but it seems to have taken a back seat and I can't help but find myself wondering what I'm doing as I'm watching the Riverside crew trying to make up neat sayings for 15 minutes.
    I appreciate your criticism. I am certainly aware that there's no way I can put together a show and have 100% of the people enjoy it. I'm happy with 50% loving it, to me that's a success.

Remember, no one is paying for the reality portion of the show, all that ends up on YouTube for free. You are paying $4.99 a month to watch EVERY technique taught at HQ and I think that's a pretty damn good deal.

Thank you very much for the support!
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

The only thing that pissed me off while watching this video is that I hit the data limit on my phone about 3/4ths of the way through and didn't get to finish.. bummed now... wtf am I gonna do while I'm @ work :-! Great vids so far guys.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    I dug it. Im biased though

Array

School
    Serra BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle slingsby View Post
    please no one bite my head off for this i'm merely stating my opinion. MTS 22 was abit of a disappointment for me (having loved every other single episode) it seem as if eddie was abit to high at times to offer any instruction, and the instruction given was not on par with the other episodes. Let me know if you agree or disagree but please lets all be civil.
    How are you watching it without a pro membership? I like the show, honestly the technique alone would keep me satisfied. All the extras just help break up the techniques so it's an entertaining program and not just an instructional. I'm still waiting on Renato Laranja vs. Matt Horwich though.

*@Jared Gammel: You could always fast forward to the technique, they show the timing on the right hand side.
    Last edited by Danny Stolfi; 05-19-2011 at 12:07 PM.

Array

School
    Neil Simkin BJJ
    I have to admit that the 500mb wedge is a bit of pain, but the techniques and their various setups and pathways are excellent. Perhaps the MTS is slowly evolving to address two aspects: (1) sharing of techniques and (2) helping bring the 10th planet community together by giving different clubs and members their moment in the limelight.

And without the "reality TV" sections, I would never have experienced dat guy, dat guy Renato Laranja and his black belch.

Quote Originally Posted by kyle slingsby View Post
    please no one bite my head off for this i'm merely stating my opinion. MTS 22 was abit of a disappointment for me (having loved every other single episode) it seem as if eddie was abit to high at times to offer any instruction, and the instruction given was not on par with the other episodes. Let me know if you agree or disagree but please lets all be civil.
    Kyle,

I feel kinda silly posting after Eddie has, but as the other half of Mastering The System, I feel like I should.

I also appreciate your thoughts and opinions. I strongly disagree with them, but appreciate your willingness to share.

There are countless BJJ websites that offer instruction. These websites are often stale in their instruction and also very expensive. Eddie is trying to give us all something different with Mastering The System.

On a regular basis, we have people visiting HQ from all over the world. I have met many people from the domestic United States, as well as people from Mexico, Venezuela, New Zealand, Australia, Korea, Japan, Indonesia, Germany, the UK...the list goes on and on. That being said, not everyone has a lifestyle that supports their journey to Mecca, so not everyone gets a chance to experience the very special environment that Eddie has created at 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu HQ.

Eddie's goal is to bring you in there with us. Literally.

Since we put out two episodes per month, you are quite literally right there with us in class. You see the same techniques we see on a two week cycle. If a well known MMA fighter is visiting, or someone farts in class, you're right there too. That was the goal, and I feel proud that Eddie makes this available to all of us for a mere $4.99 a month.

Here is a piece of advice. There are three techniques in each episode of Mastering The System. In every episode, to the right hand side of the video player is a time line, so that the viewer can skip ahead to the technique section of the episode.

If you don't like the antics, just skip ahead to the techniques.

Thanks,
    Jason

Array

School
    Rhyno's Gym
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Bell View Post
    Just fast forward to the techniques. The times are indicated on the right of the video.
    100% dead on. I enjoy all of the MTS's and love and appreciate the techniques being demonstrated. If you want to watch them to learn and laugh watch it all if you just want to learn fast forward to the indicated times. To be honest I absolutely love Renato, he cracks me up so bad....the more Renatch the better IMO. That being said, MTS and the pro membership on 10th PJJ.com is with out a doubt the best bang for your buck out there. The amount of improvement I have seen in both my gi and nogi game and the amount of moves/options/transitions/submissions etc that I have been able to add to my game from watching the MTS videos is hard to quantify in terms of "it's worth X amount of dollars to me." What I can tell you is that $5.00 a month is a bargain bordering on thievery for the amount of information I have gained from the MTS videos. I pay $65.00 a month to train at the school I train at and that's a bargain in and of itself IMO and the instruction I am getting at my academy is worth everything I pay and more. The way I look at though is between my $65 a month there and my $5 a month here I'm privledged to be able to learn from two (in reality many more than two considering all of the other guys in the MTS videos and all of the other guys at my school) incredibly talented BJJ instructors in two different systems of BJJ (10th Planet JJ & Marcello Monteirro's De La Riva based gi BJJ). All for only $70 a month. Everything I learn from MTS I get to work on and implement at my school. It's the best of both worlds IMO and well worth every penny. Keep up the good work on MTS Eddie and Jason (and whoever else contributes) you guys really do a great job!
    Last edited by Logan Cook; 05-19-2011 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    I appreciate your criticism. I am certainly aware that there's no way I can put together a show and have 100% of the people enjoy it. I'm happy with 50% loving it, to me that's a success.

Remember, no one is paying for the reality portion of the show, all that ends up on YouTube for free. You are paying $4.99 a month to watch EVERY technique taught at HQ and I think that's a pretty damn good deal.

Thank you very much for the support!
    Not even Jesus Christ could make everyone happy. Keep up the good work Eddie. I'm not only interested in the techniques from HQ. U sharing your thoughts, beliefs and sense of humor really helps me learn more than just "moves" I believe it provokes interaction and creativity with the tenthplanet community and followers. U say marijuana is a steroid for creativity, and I can see why. I've never related to hard ass temperaments. Keep the creativity flowing.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    MTS Rocks Eddie & Jason do an awesome job, I love the format!
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

I know that we can fast forward to the techniques in the full episodes, but it would be super handy if there was a pro-members-only section that had them cut out so you get right to them. It seems like it would save people time as there often occasions that I'm trying to remember a detail of a technique and I can't remember which episode it appeared in so I've gotta spend time wading through all the episodes until I find it. I dunno, seems like it would increase the sites ease-of-use/navigability.

something like this maybe?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast