Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: back pains?

Array

School
    iron monkey woodstock ont
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cotton View Post
    I'm not a physician of any way, I'm only going off of personal experiences. But your comment about a sharp pain when you take a breath sounds like you might have a rib out. I would have it checked out if it keeps up for too long. Having my back popped always helps me.
    how can i pop my back ? i got a chiropractor appointment on Monday

Array

School
    Holan's MMA/ Mohler Jiu Jitsu
    go see a chiropractor i use to get the same pain and it turns out that my back was out of alignment.

Array

School
    Wichita Jiu Jitsu Club
    You probably can't do it yourself, but your chiro should be able to fix you right up. Hope it's just an alignment problem and you can get back to rolling in a couple of days.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    You def can make things worse. Make sue you stretch properly beforehand.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

I get the same thing at times. For me it is due to a good stretching session or if someone seriously stacked me up. Mine goes away in a few days.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    My lower back pain is due to pulled muscle in the lower lumbar. Ironically, stretching it is the worse thing for me to do. In order to alleviate pressure on my lower lumbar I actually increase my stretches towards my hamstring, hips, and upper shoulders. Basically, I force my lower back to be stiff and I compensate for the lack of lower back pliability via the curvature of my hips and upper back.

Purely anecdotal and bizarre, but it is where my research led me and I haven't had back problems since. It's also increased my ability to gramby roll, but that's a different discussion.

ya man that and stretch alot
    roll your back out and try and touch your feet to the mat over your head when on your back so it kinda looks like your giving youself a bj.. sorry only way i can describe it
    and that should help with it

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    ice when u get home, use ben gay/icy hot, and be sure to stretch before and after. Stay hydrated as well, sometimes lack of water can cause u to pull/cramp up sooner. I have to watch my back myself so I kind of know how u feel...also at the gym try to incorporate some back workouts too to help strengthen it...

thank god I only have knee problems. those aren't as bad. I think.

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona
    Do you feel like it is below your shoulderblade?
    I had the EXACT same problem after a session of rolling with some friends and i found some heat, and soft rubbing every now and then cleared it up by the morning.
    I think it's from working the New York position and Chill Dog where your left shoulder has to be constantly lifted to hug your knee and hold the arm.
    I was told that a very good stretch and warm up before would help a lot and when you feel you've pulled the muscle, go VERY light or keep off of it for a bit.
    I have very limited knowledge i'm relaying info a gyming buddy told me.
    I found if you give it a day still and let it recover it is not as bad next time and eventually i assume it will stop

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast