Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Jigsaw Martial Arts - Edmonton
    i have to be honest i can't see Nick Diaz losing to GSP i've played the fight over and over in my head... and i will have to be honest i will be glad to see the back of a boring WW champ.... i was a huge fan until the Shields fight.... but 4 fights in a row now hiding behind a jab barely engaging... it's safe winning... and call me what you will but i wanna see a champ who presses the action and who go's out to demolish anybody who dare chase his thrown... an attribute i see nick diaz utilizing should he win...

ya your insane diaz stands no chance against gsp

Array

School
    really? he's a better striker... he has good enough BJJ to be threatening and at least get back to the feet... the only advantage i see for GSP is strength in the clinch... there'll be no hiding behind jabs throwing 3 spinning back kicks and then taking and holding down for 90 seconds then back up and repeat on Nick

wow better striking? i doubt that
    he also is a brown belt under a gracie...
    has by far superior wrestling
    has the reach advantage
    has kicks
    has everything over nick diaz

Array

School
    nick can out box him easily kicks are pretty neutral i mean he dosen't utilize them much but nick has an arsenal of them and is not deterred by leg kicks....although a brown belt his bjj is no way near as evolved as Nicks i believe plus being both the same belt theoretically means they should negate eachother on the ground.... but nick will at least not be laid upon by gsp. Danahar is amazing coach but so is Ceaser... i thinks it's closer than you could imagine.... the wrestling conditioning and size of GSP are all pro's... but Nick could easily knock him out... he is 5x the striker of Matt Serra... don't get me wrong i love matt serra but it is what it is.... i guess we shall see

haha yep
    anderson will beat gsp though

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Elton View Post
    wow better striking? i doubt that
    he also is a brown belt under a gracie...
    has by far superior wrestling
    has the reach advantage
    has kicks
    has everything over nick diaz
    I believe GSP is a Gracie black belt??? With that being said, the only way GSP wins this fight is by laying on Nick, not engaging and winning a boring decision. Other than that, I can honestly see Nick knocking GSP out or at least earning a ref stoppage. Jake did absolutely nothing in the GSP fight and GSP looked bad. Nick throwing hands is bad news for George. If Nick can get a few sweeps from the bottom, I think he's a lock. Then again, I might be crazy.

I dont think hes a black belt under a gracie just got his rankings up to brown from a gracie

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Elton View Post
    I dont think hes a black belt under a gracie just got his rankings up to brown from a gracie
    He is a black belt and its not under a Gracie its under some Brazilian guy who runs a Gracie Barra school in Canada. I can't remember his name.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    Ronin
    Nick does have better stand up than Gsp and better jiu jitsu. Lucca is right the only way gsp wins is buy laying on nick for 5 rounds which is a strong possibility.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast