Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Array

School
    Peter De Been Caroline Springs
    today i tried the tip my instructor gave me to get onto my side with the whip up, which was basically rocking back and forth to get momentum and get my shoulders further off the ground with each rock. it seems to be working like a treat.

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    You gotta beast mode your whip up. Like he said rocking back and forth also jerking with your lockdown to compromise base ever so slightly to whip them the he'll up. Transitioning to butterfly or full guard is always another option if he's not giving you what you want. That vaporizer from the whip up less 'old school' is not going to help his situation on anyone with solid base. Next time I roll my mom I'll definitely give it a shot, she might have too much base as well though.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    If he only has head control, shimmy out and threaten to take his back. He'll grab a whizzer then threaten a mechanic sweep. This should have him open to play your game.

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Kinney View Post
    i just put this up see if you can work this man, i think its a good alternative let me know if it works well for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug5DzR6AjxI
    He buddy, do your self a favor take this off youtube asap.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester; 10th Planet St. Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Wylie View Post
    He buddy, do your self a favor take this off youtube asap.
    Yeah. +1

I get the idea and not trying to slam on you too hard but there are about fifteen mistakes in your lockdown -> whip-up -> Old School that need fixing first. It's not about an injured grappling dummy, it's about getting the details right. If you're gonna show a technique you've gotta have the mechanics of the set up down solid and show them that way. We light up Ken Primola for showing how to "smash" the rubber guard when the rubber guard he's "smashing" isn't even a half decent Mission Control. The foundations matter; the details matter. Start there THEN show the gee whiz new technique.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Kinney View Post
    i just put this up see if you can work this man, i think its a good alternative let me know if it works well for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug5DzR6AjxI
    Thanks for cleanin that tech up. Eddie's was way to technical, tight, and effective. Let us no other easier ways to do these crazy techs. Way too hard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234