Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Should i...?

Array

School
    10th Planet jiu jitsu Orange park
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Perez View Post
    I didnt threaten him or anything, i just think if you dont support the system and its school owners then why be on this site.
    If you are on this site and you pay you are supporting 10thplanet. I don't train at a 10thplanet school but guess what my school does the system. Twister fool up every day... lol Don't you train at ATT?

I think what we're trying to say is you pick whatever is best for you and we will still love you. just not in a gay way.

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Garry View Post
    Put moms in the twister and see how she likes 10th PJJ now!! :P
    Well said :P

Array

School
    Sjårdalen mma
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    I totally understand picking a bjj black belt as an instructor over a tpjj purple, that happens alot.

If it's pure no-gi you want I would suggest the tpjj purple without a doubt.

But if it's a mixture of gi and no-gi that you want and the bjj black belt has at least 2 nogi classes a week, then maybe the bjj black is a better fit for you.

But if the bjj black belt is not open minded to the rg, twister, and lockdown half then for sure run from him. Closed minded black belt instructors are sometimes worse than white belt instructors

And thank you very much Eric Perez for the hardcore loyalty to 10th Planet, that's never a bad thing
    +1 up to the thanks to Eric Perez for acting like an asshole towards a 13year old kid asking advise and proving that sometimes hardcore loyalty can be a bad thing

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Quote Originally Posted by John Roderick View Post
    Ok, first: I haven't been on the forum for a while simply because my life is hectic/mad/crazy. I need 30 hour workdays-really. Secondly: Eddie/Mike S.-thanks for the support and the kudos. Heartfelt thanks across the board to you to guys. Third-EVERYONE-being supportive of an organization and it's founder is great, but bear in mind that Emir is only about 13 or 14. YES; he does get a bit annoyng at times and posts repetitive/inane questions and threads, but think of him like the little brother or kid who's always pestering his older brother or neighbor that he looks up to. Yes, I have gotten frustrated with him previously (hey, I'm being honest), but he's a decent kid just trying to find his way.
    Now, on to business: I know Andrew. He's an ok guy, decent JJ. Yes he WAS with Renzo and does train with several notable BJJ players, but so do a lot of people. That in and of itself doesn't make ANYONE great or a great instructor. If you're only looking at credentials and rank/colors Emir, here are some facts about myself (just in case, and I'm sorry if this sounds like tooting my own horn, but I see so many others do worse "I'm the best this, I'm the baddest that" etc):
    I have WELL over 20-25 years training several martial arts and Submission Wrestling/JJ specifically. I have been coaching for about 18 years. As far as skill/competitions-I have placed or won in my Advanced/Expert/BLACK BELT divisions in (arguably) the biggest submission grappling tournament in the world next to ADCC: NAGA repeatedly over the years, not in some smaller "Mom and Pop" tournies. While my team hasn't competed as frequently as many others in the area here, when we do, we do well; usually placing or winning in our divisions often. I have personally competed in MMA and Muay Thai over the years (and will soon be doing so again) and done very well. Not only are we affiliated with Eddie Bravo and 10th Planet, but I am a Senior Instructor/Kru and New England Representative of Arjarn Kru Phil Nurse (trainer of a few guys you may have heard of in the UFC) and I train with him regularly. I am the LEADING AUTHORITY on Muay Thai in CT and one of two in New England.

And yes guys, Emir has come in and trained with us. He has rolled with some of my whites and Blues and knows how good they are. Mike is one of my top guys, great person, man, friend, and student. Excellent coach as well. Also, as someone indicated, the real difference between Purple and Black isn't that much at all if the quality is there. If you're measuring coaching style, well that's a different thing entirely. Knowing some instructors I can say they wouldn't have been as patient with Emir as we have . Also don't forget, Eddie beat (arguably) the best submission grappler at the time in ADCC as a brown belt, and that person won't give him a rematch. Ryan Hall was killing it in competitions up and down the east coast in advanced/black belt as a Purple Belt FOREVER before leaving Lloyd Irvin. My own student Tyler Connal has been KILLING in advanced/black belt divisions as a BLUE BELT for over a year now, and Mike has been KILLING in intermediate as a white/blue belt for over a year.
    I guess you could say "a belt is only good for holding your pants up". Especially in no-gi submission wrestling.
    Emir, what I'm saying is; you really need to start going somewhere, ANYWHERE consistently. Keep your mouth closed, nose to the grindstone, and show up and TRAIN! Also, don't be so caught up in if the "Purple Belt" instructor isn't running a class all the time. If you want to train with me ONLY, schedule a private. If you want to learn GREAT submission wrestling/10th Planet JJ, then come in and go to class, drill, and listne to the instructor teaching the class whether it's beginner, intermediate, or advanced. Again, if you want a private, have it scheduled by your parents, but the important thing to realize is: NO ONE can decide or train for you. YOU are responsible for yourself. The sooner you realie that and actually train, the sooner you can start reaching your goals.
    Ive never been caught up in if a purple belt instructer is teaching the class or if one of your students are... my mom has been knd of mad that you dont show up to teach all the time, i understand that you cant show up every class my mom is a different storyr, not me i was more than happy with the instruction from Mike S.

Array

School
    Peter De Been Caroline Springs
    Quote Originally Posted by Emir Mehovic View Post
    Ive never been caught up in if a purple belt instructer is teaching the class or if one of your students are... my mom has been knd of mad that you dont show up to teach all the time, i understand that you cant show up every class my mom is a different storyr, not me i was more than happy with the instruction from Mike S.
    well i think we all know what the real solution is here....
    the only practical option for you is to leave your home and live at the gym. there's no other way...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345