Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford

10th planet drama?!?

I was on the internet looking at jiu jitsu videos/links and what not when i found this one forum talking about the former 10th planet coach Brandon Quick i guess? This whole thread was based around Brandon Quick, read this one comment this guy made and tell me your opinions btw this is kind of an old situation but new to me...

One person asked what the big deal is? and another replied with

"The big deal is that Eddie Bravo is a money hungry fool who accepted Brandon Quicks affiliation dollars without bothering to check his lineage. Not only did he not check Brandon's lineage, he also didn't bother visiting him to award an actual rank in 10th PJJ, so Brandon Quick just decided to call himself a "Brown Shirt" in 10th Planet JJ. Eddie had no problem with Brandon advertising himself as a "Brown Shirt" all over flyers, seminars and DVD's, even though it wasn't true. As soon as Brandon's rank was called into question Eddie dropped him like a sack of potatos, even admitting to never giving him rank - all the while allowing him to advertise as such and taking his affiliation dollars...now that's what you call $hei$ty...and how is this not an insult to anybody who's worked years and in some cases a decade to get to that level? Maybe I didn't explain it very well in my above post, but this is a HUGE deal among the BJJ community.

There's also the case of him being underqualified when it comes to teaching children and a couple children have gotten injured under his watch (not just the one I listed). Does that fall under the mistake or asshole category?

The other deal is Ari Bolden. He magically started as a "Purple Shirt" in 10th PJJ despite having no previous rank in BJJ - Eddie admits this (in a round-a-bout way) in the "Eddie on Ari" thread and its a contradiction to how he says he ranks people in said thread. So you can see how somebody claiming to be a Purple Belt equivelent (of some sort) yet looks like a White Belt on the mats can piss people off. However Eddie Bravo has explained that 10th Planet is NOT BJJ, it is a seperate system all-together. So what business does a White Belt in BJJ have teaching a seminar at a BJJ conference among some incredible BJJ Black Belts? NONE! The people hosting the conference have since abandoned the 10th Planet workshop - they didn't know anything about the guy other than he was popular. Once they were informed of his fraudulent nature they cancelled him."

Old news /thread.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    wheres the thread?

So what's your goal with this thread?

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Just wondering what peoples opinions are on that one guys reply and how he disrespected eddie and i want to see people opinions on the whole situation and like i said, old news but new news to me.

Array

School
    On the search
    Quote Originally Posted by Emir Mehovic View Post
    Just wondering what peoples opinions are on that one guys reply and how he disrespected eddie and i want to see people opinions on the whole situation and like i said, old news but new news to me.

The guy is full of shit and not worth anymore of anyone else's time. Two minutes of my life wasted reading that guys post that I'll never get back.

no point bringing up the past everyone has "Dark Ages" best to leave it and put it behind us just show everyone thats not how things are run now

Array

School
    10th Planet HotBox miami
    no offenese to you, but why are you so important that we have to revisit a topic that has been delt with ? Im just sayin, you know very well what everyones opinion is going to be about someone disrespecting our master because he is just that. our master. so if you just want to see people saying eddie's the greatest and everyones a hater go to other threads instead of creating a new one.

as far as the whole brandon and Ari thing. who cares! brandons been delt with and Ari is legit as hell look at Red and Joker. theres no way they could be so monsterous if Ari wasnt legit. i dont mean to sound like a douche but ive seen a bunch of these threads already and even tho i dont post often im constantly checkin the forums.

Just have faith in 10p and work your game.

Array

School
    10th Planet & Nova Uniao
    Before you post a thread use the search function at the top of your screen, in the right hand corner. This topic has been done to death!!

Array

School
    NA
    ya like everyone's saying no need to feed in the negativity/douchebagery. My opinion on this is that everyone has an opinion. ;\

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast