Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"Back Window" percentege?

Hi everyone, I saw a technique call "The Back Window" in Eddie's Book (the transition to the back to the armbar position or "Spider Web"), the question is, does it have a good rated of success? Do you use it? Do you recomend me to train it :P ?

Array

School
    Infinite MMA Australia
    Black Widow? If this is what you mean, then yes, rep the F@#K out of it. I have success with it.

Array

School
    blank
    its good man. that said i usually prefer to work for the choke. but if you really can't get it that's totally legit. really make sure you are able to lock that shoulder, you don't want your opponent coming up into you while you're trying for the arm.

It's gold!
    Keep your stick on the ice TO THE 10TH POWER!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    it's called Back widow not black widow

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Repping it makes it high percentage. If the situation presents its self I take it.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Back widow. Highest percentage sub off back for me. Threaten the shit out of the choke. Then trap the shoulder. So much control.

Array

School
    Peter De Been Caroline Springs
    hey hey i heard you guys were talking about the black window

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    It's funny, I drill the back widow at my gym (non 10th planet) and my coach loved it. He loved the part where you flip the guy over into spider web. Months later, we're working a rolling sambo arm bar from back control... the setup is almost identical but instead of the roll you finish with a belly down arm bar.

Contextually, I think it's done because the Kurtka provides enough friction to finish from the top and Sambo rules require a faster finish.

My point is though, it's cool to see how closely related but different various grappling styles are. Those insights alone are worth the time spent on the mats.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast