Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Array

School
    Roger Gracie Academy
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Lopez View Post
    I would rather be a white belt forever than go to a gracie school. No disrespect to anyone here who is a gracie student, this is my opinion and you are perfectly ok in disagreeing with me.
    Dude seriously?

You're judging all the members of a very big family based on the actions of just one of them??

Not a good philosophy to have in life. Many Gracie's are not affiliated with each other and even the one's that are I think it's a very big mistake to label them all in the same category as Royler.

Array

School
    Star jiu jitsu/ formerly of 10th planet sherman
    Why dont you read all my posts in this thread before replying. I said later on that not all gracie schools are bad. With that said I still dont agre with the general buisness practices that they follow at least the ones that I have been to. Its money first, jj later. If you go to a gracie school that gives you your moneys worth and has quality instruction than I am glad you are getting the training you pay for. Buti have yet to find one in my area thats worth it. now can anyone explain why if carlos and renzo dont like the gracie combatives thing why is it even out there? Do they really have no control over what products have their names on it?

Array

School
    Roger Gracie Academy
    Why dont you read all my posts in this thread before replying. I said later on that not all gracie schools are bad. With that said I still dont agre with the general buisness practices that they follow at least the ones that I have been to. Its money first, jj later. If you go to a gracie school that gives you your moneys worth and has quality instruction than I am glad you are getting the training you pay for. Buti have yet to find one in my area thats worth it. now can anyone explain why if carlos and renzo dont like the gracie combatives thing why is it even out there? Do they really have no control over what products have their names on it?
    Actually I did read all your posts (Including the one quoted above) and it still seems to me like your lumping an entire family under one banner.

I can also explain to you exactly why why Carlos and Renzo don't have any control over the Gracie Combatives thing. Rorian's branch of the family trademarked the term 'Gracie Jiu-jitsu'. That is why other Gracie's have to advertise their school as 'Brazilian Jiu-jitsu'. Did you really not know of the huge dispute over that? Caused quite a stir in the family. Not hard to see why if only Rorian's side of the family can call what they do Gracie-Jiu-jitsu. Maybe you should research these things abit more before getting so easily annoyed.

Rorian trademarked the term "Gracie Jiu-Jitsu." No one else on Helio's side or Carlos' side has any control over that. Not only on Carlos' side, but there are people on Helio's side that aren't happy with Rorian's Gracie Academy and its practices. Nothing anyone can do about it though.

Why is it out there? Well, Rorian thought it would be a good way to make money, in my opinion. It also does have it's benefits for certain people. Asking why Renzo can't do anything about it is like asking why I can't stop my cousin who lives on the other side of America from opening a McDonalds.

They're a huge family and many don't even know each other.

Array

School
    No I didnt know that. I dont have time to learn every twist and turn of gracie history, as I am a full time college student, have a girlfriend, train and try and have a life outside of jj. So let me correct myself.... I would rather be a white belt forever than go to a ROYLER gracie school. Are you happy now?

Array

School
    Roger Gracie Academy
    No I didnt know that. I dont have time to learn every twist and turn of gracie history, as I am a full time college student, have a girlfriend, train and try and have a life outside of jj. So let me correct myself.... I would rather be a white belt forever than go to a ROYLER gracie school. Are you happy now?
    Fucking hell dude calm down and chillout yeah?

Also guess what? I also have a long term girlfriend, work full time, train BJJ, Boxing and generally have a life outside of Jiu-jitsu. So do most people who train. Dosen't mean you have to be ignorant of the history. Did you not have time to watch UFC 1 either? A little bit if research is all that is needed. Dosen't take very long either.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Yes, thats all it means. I entered "train wreck pic" in google, this was one of the ones that popped up, I don't have anything to do with the host site.
    Sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable. It's the hoster or the guy who put the photo in those weird categories that I don't understand.

I would love to see the rematch. It's time to silence those lame haters.
    I admire Eddie for always staying calm and relaxed.

Array

School
    I never implied you didnt have a life im not even upset. I already told you that im glad you are happy with the gracie school you go to, and already said not all gracie schools are bad and you continue accusing me of lumping them together. You need to chill dude not me. I dont come here to upset people so if I offended you it wasnt my intention. its good to see you defend your school, I wouldnt expect anything less from a dedicated student. I admit my previous statements were on the broad side. And no I havnt seen ufc 1 I will check it out.

I never implied you didnt have a life im not even upset. I already told you that im glad you are happy with the gracie school you go to, and already said not all gracie schools are bad and you continue accusing me of lumping them together. You need to chill dude not me. I dont come here to upset people so if I offended you it wasnt my intention. its good to see you defend your school, I wouldnt expect anything less from a dedicated student. I admit my previous statements were on the broad side. And no I havnt seen ufc 1 I will check it out.
    Oh shit. He trains at Roger's that's awesome. Roger is the only person to ever win ADCC weight division and Absolute division by submission in every match. I'm so excited he'll be returning to no-gi at ADCC this year. In the 2009 Worlds he also won every match at his weight and Absolute by sub, but he did it with the same sub. Cross choke from mount.

Roger ftw:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast