Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.

Returning home soon, my 10th Planet story and why I am hooked! SF 10th Planet bound.

Hey my name is Kyle, I am currently deployed with the Marine in Afghanistan. I am originally from the Bay Area, California and am looking to return home soon. I have always like the Jiu Jitsu/10th Planet but I was really drawn to the 10th Planet system a few weeks ago. I was in the middle of my Black Belt course for MCMAP (Marine Corps Martial Arts Program), where a lot of grappling is involved. I was a lot smaller than most of the other Marines in the course but thanks to a Judo background I had a little more technical skill than most. Still being outweighed by 20-30 lbs. is a huge fucking disadvantage to most. Least I thought. Naturally my instructor (who was also built like a Coke Machine with legs) threw one of the bigger dudes he could find at me. After trying his way and trying tie up with him in the kneeling and getting tossed the fuck around I decided forget this and pulled guard. I realized with a traditional guard I was still getting nowhere fast, to put to sleep so I remembered watching one of Eddie's rubber guard videos on YouTube and decided let's give it a shot, and pulled him into to Mission Control. I couldn't believe how much easier it was to control him at that point and I actually was able to sink in a triangle armbar two others that day. I was hooked from there on out. If anyone has any advice they can give me or any information about 10th Planet San Francisco, (it's the closest to my home) it would be really appreciated. I look forward to hearing everyone's input and advice and it's really nice to meet you all!

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Denny is an amazing instructor/competitor. You wont grow wrong training at that moon.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    thanks for serving our country!!! and check out Denny you PM on this site or on facebook.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    I mainly network via this site since it's more centralized around 10th Planet practitioners, I am pretty new to it all. But overall I see everyone is really supportive and knowledgeable about the system. I emailed his studio via gmail but haven't heard back yet. But it's hard when your on the opposite side of the world I guess haha.

Array

School
    10Th Planet Jiu Jitsu San Francisco
    Kyle i just responded to your email.

Array

School
    if you have any other question's feel free to email me back

Array

School
    Eastcoast MMA
    I visitied 10th Planet San Francisco in the summer while I was in America. I only got the chance to train there once so I can give you an outsiders perspective if its any help...Denny was a great coach & seemed to have a really good relationship with his students, both Denny & all his students were really welcoming & went out of there way to make my feel comfortable. They all seemed really cool & there wasn't any egos running wild. I think anyone that goes there stands to learn a lot from Denny & all the guys who train there. So basically I would love to train there full time & would definitely recommend 10th Planet San Fran to anyone who wants to learn the system.
    Hope this helps mate .

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty B View Post
    I visitied 10th Planet San Francisco in the summer while I was in America. I only got the chance to train there once so I can give you an outsiders perspective if its any help...Denny was a great coach & seemed to have a really good relationship with his students, both Denny & all his students were really welcoming & went out of there way to make my feel comfortable. They all seemed really cool & there wasn't any egos running wild. I think anyone that goes there stands to learn a lot from Denny & all the guys who train there. So basically I would love to train there full time & would definitely recommend 10th Planet San Fran to anyone who wants to learn the system.
    Hope this helps mate .
    Thank you very much for the kind words, glad to hear you enjoyed your time and learned

Array

School
    10th Planet Hollywood HQ
    Kyle, Welcome and thank you for your service.

Array

School
    Team AMMA
    Hoping to do the same and drop in for a class when I'm in San Fran for 6 nights in May. Hopefully all the coffee, food and beer leaves time for it.
    www.twitter.com/totalpac

www.totalpackagepromotions.net
    Don't stop dreaming just cause you wake