Array

School
    10th Pranet HQ Hollywood

South Dakota town votes 841 to 1,228 to ban MMA following barfight death

source: therepublic.com

WATERTOWN, S.D. — Residents of Watertown have voted to end mixed martial arts events in the city.

KWAT radio reports that Tuesday's vote was 841 people favoring the events and 1,228 people opposing them.

The City Council in May voted 5-3 to allow MMA events, a form of fighting entertainment that some label as barbaric. MMA opponents gathered enough petition signatures to force a citywide vote.

Mixed martial arts fighters use a variety of techniques, borrowing from boxing, wrestling and various forms of martial arts.

Promoter Mike Alama (AWL'-uh-muh) says he'll still hold fights in the Watertown area, but outside the city limits.

for more
    http://www.therepublic.com/view/stor...Watertown-MMA/

Array

School
    Jigsaw Martial Arts - Edmonton
    it's a shame that one idiot can ruin it for all.... my city is starting to get fights after the events in bar's between retards that know nothing about the sport and it's threatening our access to the main event's.... such a shame

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    I wonder what they'll blame when the fights keep happening? Jaeger?

Array

School
    10th Planet
    why is mma riling folks up? didnt this crap used to happen after the major boxing fights?

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Correia View Post
    why is mma riling folks up? didnt this crap used to happen after the major boxing fights?
    Though I love MMA, I have to admit, it really does get dip shits pumped up. Just like how my brother used to pull out our GI Joe action figures after every episode of Gi Joe, these idiots think they're Brock Lesnar after seeing a few fights.

Array

School
    Jigsaw Martial Arts - Edmonton
    90% of boxing matches are usually alright but the occassional can still set off the odd brawl.... i remember over here Anthony "The Man" Mundine fought Danny Green - and being that is was an Aboriginal superstar and white Australian superstar it caused some MASSIVE riots up here as we are heavily populated with the Aboriginal and Torres St Communities....

The only boxing fights i go to watch are Manny Pacquio and he never sends the crowd into brawl mode so i wonder what it is

3 of the one's i have seen up here have been started by some ignorant fucking moron making comments about the ground game then some self proclaimed MMA bodyguard has attacked them ...

I always thought the sport would allow you appreciate the effort it takes to have a truly great fight and the mutual respect involved between true martial artists...

but retards shall be retards