Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cup or not

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha
    No on the cup. What happens if one of your balls are in mid-escape when someone hits your cup, smashing it into your balls which would be compressed against your groin. No thank you. Plus, if you have a big bush like me, it pulls your man hair out.

If your balls escape your cup, you might need to suck in the pride a little bit and buy a smaller size one? lol

Array

School
    Team Shark
    sounds to me like a lot of people that are complaining about the cups getting in the way are wearing one way too big.

I've never cranked on someone's jaw in a triangle before..

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox!
    Great thread, I was going to ask the same question. I'm shocked at all of the answers of no. I usually wear a cup because I've been hit in the balls several times while rolling, and honestly, it just makes me more comfortable not having my junk flopping around on whoever I'm rolling with lol.

... Side note: does this forum have the ability to put of "poll" threads where you have options and we get to vote for like 1 of 4 choices or something? If so this would be a great topic for the first poll.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by JiuClaw View Post
    Great thread, I was going to ask the same question. I'm shocked at all of the answers of no. I usually wear a cup because I've been hit in the balls several times while rolling, and honestly, it just makes me more comfortable not having my junk flopping around on whoever I'm rolling with lol.
    When you wear the cup you have no choice but to properly pinch your legs together or else you'll rack yourself with the other dude's arm. With the cup, people seem more apt to thrust their cod piece into your elbow. If they didn't have the cup they would be racking themselves.

Secondly, your partner shouldn't be all mushed up in your junk if you are properly doing the arm bar. At least that's my rationalization for rolling raw.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox!
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post
    When you wear the cup you have no choice but to properly pinch your legs together or else you'll rack yourself with the other dude's arm. With the cup, people seem more apt to thrust their cod piece into your elbow. If they didn't have the cup they would be racking themselves.

Secondly, your partner shouldn't be all mushed up in your junk if you are properly doing the arm bar. At least that's my rationalization for rolling raw.
    I just meant in general, not necessarily just when doing arm bars. Particularly when someone is in my full closed guard and they try to pass by doing the knee in the butt method. No cup = OUCH!@#!! lol

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    I sometimes roll without it but if you buy a proper cup most of the complaints disappear. Shockdoctor flexes with the movement and has never let any slip out. To be honest I hardly know it's there. In mma I plan on wearing it so why not roll how you fight?I mainly got it for kickboxing though. Too many inside leg kicks....

Array

School
    Zombie Bjj
    The shock doctor carbon flex cup is the best cup Ive ever owned. Its really comfortable and flexible. When Im rolling I forget its even there

Array

School
    Ronin
    It doesnt feel good geting a cup drilled into your back during a rnc either
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    Ronin
    compretion shorts are a must though
    formerly known as jmw0582

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast