Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur

Double slit experiment.. what does this mean for reality?

If you dont feel like reading this entire post.. feel free to watch this cartoon that i can only assume was made for elementary classes.. but nonetheless, it still gets the point across..

What does this tell us about reality?

For those of you who are familiar with this.. Is there anyone who has any theories of why this occurs other than the holographic universe theory?

For those of you not familiar with this.. Heres the basic idea.. We (humans) have constructed an experiment that seems to change the way we look at reality.. The "double slit experiment" is when you take a machine capable of firing a single photon (particle of light) at a time.. they then fire the photons one at a time at a wall that has 2 vertical slits in it. Behind this wall is a sensor that is able to detect where the photons make impact. After leaving this gun firing single photons for a long period of time.. 1 of 2 things will happen... If you observe the test while it takes place (this includes setting up sensors to watch/record the event) you will see the photons either bounce off the wall.. or pass through the slit.. eventually making two verticle lines on the sensor pad lining up with the slits cut into the wall.. BUT, if you dont watch as the experiment is conducted.. but instead wait until its over to view the results.. the photons appear to act like waves rather than solid matter, and will create many lines on the sensor pad instead of just two.. As if they are aware when they are being observed, and then decide which property they will behave as (solid or waves)..

P.S.. if anyone can find the another video of this rather than the one i posted that would be awesome. There used to be one that contained real people and real footage of the sensor pad results, but i cant seem to find it anywhere (and its not the one with the asian guy and american in what appears to be a college lecture hall)

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    my bad.. i forgot the link to the video.. :P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfPeprQ7oGc

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    The collapse of the wave function. "Reality" is not set until it is observed by consciousness and all potential possibilities collapse into a singular point in space time yielding our perception of matter and the universe. If we can bypass our crude sensory organ, the brain,(which appears to be our only link to consciousness and only has five sense) everything that we have aloud reality to condition in us will change. The concrete rules and continuity of the collapse to all forms of consciousness can bring me back down to earth when I try to wrap my head around this stuff. But if we can ever tap into the universal consciousness that seemed to spawn life from matter, the infinite universe as we know it will seem a lot smaller through entanglement. I could go on and on, but ill spare ya'll. deep shit

Array

School
    On the search
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    The collapse of the wave function. "Reality" is not set until it is observed by consciousness and all potential possibilities collapse into a singular point in space time yielding our perception of matter and the universe. If we can bypass our crude sensory organ, the brain,(which appears to be our only link to consciousness and only has five sense) everything that we have aloud reality to condition in us will change. The concrete rules and continuity of the collapse to all forms of consciousness can bring me back down to earth when I try to wrap my head around this stuff. But if we can ever tap into the universal consciousness that seemed to spawn life from matter, the infinite universe as we know it will seem a lot smaller through entanglement. I could go on and on, but ill spare ya'll. deep shit
    go on...

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    I have a feeling im going to love living in alabama. I can tell, me and you.. are going to have some great convos. Anyway, So then according to this theory.. assuming this is what you personally believe.. Do you think that reality is only set when YOU observe it? (Which i assume would just be the holographic universe theory).. or do you believe that reality is set when any consciousness views it? and in either case.. is it only set when being observed, and then continues back to it ways of infinite possibility once we are no longer present? or do you believe that once viewed.. reality is set in that state for good?

Array

School
    Back from vacation
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    It is more mind blowing if you read it with an Alabama accent.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jacksonville
    "Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather."

Robert Sevigny

Quote Originally Posted by chronic_jiujitsu View Post
    slit theroy
    haha i saw what you are talking about, that quantum guy right? i saw this experiment it was awhile ago, but it really was fascinating

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Brown View Post
    "Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather."
    R.I.P. Bill Hicks
    formerly known as jmw0582

Coloring Books.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast