Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester

Charles Oliveira Replaces Paul Taylor, Faces Donald ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone at UFC on Versus

A change has been made to the upcoming UFC on Versus 5 fight card. Charles Oliveira has replaced Paul Taylor and will face Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone in Milwaukee.

Sources close to the match-up confirmed the bout to MMAWeekly.com on Wednesday.

Oliveira steps in just two weeks after his fight with Nik Lentz in Pittsburgh at UFC on Versus 4. The Brazilian was winning the fight, but landed an illegal knee that eventually led to a night ending rear naked choke.

Unfortunately, the referee never called the illegal knee and the Pennsylvania State Athletic Commission overturned the fight and declared it a no contest.

Now Oliveira will get a chance to step in and face another ultra dangerous opponent when he faces former WEC title contender Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone.

Cerrone himself was a replacement after John Makdessi fell out due to injury and now he gets an entirely new fight for the card in Milwaukee.

Robert Sevigny

GOOD!!!!
    FEED OLIVEIRA TO THE WOLVES!!!!
    donald is gonna WRECK him
    thats what douchebags get for throwing illegal knees !!!
    doesn't feel bad at all, hope he gets KO'd and gets all stiff like

Array

School
    GB southampton
    man i like both fighters, but I hope Cerrone pulls through, his stand up looks so much better against the more technical guys.

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Sevigny View Post
    GOOD!!!!
    FEED OLIVEIRA TO THE WOLVES!!!!
    donald is gonna WRECK him
    thats what douchebags get for throwing illegal knees !!!
    doesn't feel bad at all, hope he gets KO'd and gets all stiff like
    that was pure instincts, illegal yes, but not intentional, i'm neutral, i love both fighters, it should be sick.