Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Destin MMA Training Academy

flexibility tips?

pretty new to jiu jitsu especially 10th planet and im about as limber as a dead tree, so any advice on ways to stretch to get my flexibility up asap?

Array

School
    Back from vacation
    stretch

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Some people say to make sure to warm up properly, which is good advice. Let me give you better advice. Make sure the muscles your stretching are on FIRE from warming up. This helps to prevent injury during the deep stretching you'll be doing to get the double lotus, full butterfly, and eventually foot behind the head type flexibility. It also hurts a lot less when you stretch with warm/hot muscles. You'll be able to get the stretch much deeper and more comfortably than stretching cold. As a rule of stretching cold, never, ever ever do it. You're just tearing muscles and possibly injuring yourself.

Trust me, you don't want to be in this guy's situation.

Array

School
    Back from vacation
    Fuck no... Baseball sucks!

Array

School
    haha yeah thanks man that makes sense. trying to get the double lotus but i know that takes time.

Array

School
    Zombie BJJ - RMNU
    It's like Eddie has said before, you can get there in 2 years, or 2 months.

When you're sitting around watching TV, talking with friends, or whatever-
    think about stretching all the time, better yet, don't think about it, do it.

stretch by yourself... do stretching classes, yoga etc.

you should be warming up before doing intensive stretching. otherwise you're prone to injury.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne Oz Australia
    You have to be red hot before stretching is effective or you will cause micro tearing which is harder to breakdown. This is the number one reason for stubborn areas of flexibility. Believe me, once I stretched only when I was hot i.e. immediately after my rolling at the dojo, or after a workout or running ect, thats when I made the most gains. Its essential in my honest opinion

Array

School
    alright ive heard most of this but it is reassuring to hear it from others. do minor stretches when im immobile - workin on that now. make sure ive got a good sweat goin and my blood is pumping before i stretch to get more flexible - got that. ive been told that you cant get hurt going into a stretch only out, is this true?

Array

School
    Zombie BJJ - RMNU
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Jones View Post
    alright ive heard most of this but it is reassuring to hear it from others. do minor stretches when im immobile - workin on that now. make sure ive got a good sweat goin and my blood is pumping before i stretch to get more flexible - got that. ive been told that you cant get hurt going into a stretch only out, is this true?
    I don't know, but I doubt it....think of jumping into the splits.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast