Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Array

School
    In my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    I trained outside of a gym exclusively for two years before joining a gym. I def feel it helped me advance way quicker, because I could set my curriculum to my and my training partners weaknesses and focus on 10p. But when you feel like your pretty solid its good to go test yourself against other systems weekly. My Hotbox ,which used to be in a shed and the back of my truck, is now in a traditional jj and mma gym. We are constantly forcing eachother to adapt and progress by the mix of styles and its a pretty sweet environment. But yeah, I love it when people think the self trained are clueless. Especially when they are pro members that have mtrg and mtt memorized with thousands of reps. Do your thing Tony.
    Thank you Sir! I couldn't agree more. I do coach at a local school about 6-10 hours a week. We do both gi and no gi and currently have between twenty adults and twenty children. My problem is that last week the head of the organization said my no gi was "sloppy American wrestling". He went on to criticize all of my 10th planet techniques also. So, I decided to open my own local school. Seeing as how 5 of his black belts were crushed by my sloppy American wrestling, I think I should do quite well. Watch Tennessee for our Veritas Aequitas Freestyle Jiu Jitsu school grand opening! I won't stop till it's a moon though. Jon Helton did it and along with Jeremy Arel, they have inspired me!

PS lol, the makeshift pits are because I'm a mat rat :-).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123