Array

School
    10th planet Melbourne/ GVJJ

Info on Dolce and knee injury advice?

Hey guys sitting out at the moment with a small ligament tear in my knee. Just wondering if any Planeteers out there have any rehab advice and also because it's so super secret i can hardly find any real info on it, if the Dolce diet is something worth jumpin' on?
    Cheers

Array

School
    RCJ Machado jiu jitsu (Rio Rancho)
    I am also with a small tear in the ligaments in my knee ,4 days into it. I am getting much better,ice,tiger balm and do not baby it. I walk,ride the bike,and do leg presses with one leg 25 lbs plus the rack is like a total of 50-60 lbs. I do 3 sets of 25. Then I do the jiu jitsu class and just drill,wear a brace or ace wrap. Take 2 Advil's to help out after a work out. If you do nothing it is going to get stiffer on you.Keep moving it and stretch it out to your ability . I was doing all this work out on Wednesday and got injured on Sunday. I did not baby the injury at all. Yes you got to know what your limitations on the knee are and not screw it up worse,but try and rehab it back with light exercise. Good luck and get better.

Array

School
    I'm just aching to get back to full ability. Rubber guard was just starting to really improve to.
    Thanks for the advice.

Array

School
    Monolith Sambo
    The Dolce Diet is just a lower-carb, lean meats diet, a lot like the paleo diet and other similar ideas. Also no plastic cookware or storage containers, etc.

It works just like the rest of them, and for the exact same reasons.

Array

School
    Alliance Jiu-Jitsu Orlando
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardC View Post
    The Dolce Diet is just a lower-carb, lean meats diet, a lot like the paleo diet and other similar ideas. Also no plastic cookware or storage containers, etc.

It works just like the rest of them, and for the exact same reasons.
    ^This.

Where is your ligament tear located in the knee? (Which ligament?)

Array

School
    Revolution Combat Sports
    Buddy of mine had good success with Dolce & has maintained the weight loss. Sound principles.

Array

School
    Thanks for the reply's guys I missed them until now. The tear is healing but is still a tear.
    Located in the medial ligament, but my quadriceps tendon has been stretched.
    Any rehab tips would be nice, however I'm back on the mats as of yesterday, got the sub too, guy was pissed beaten by a crip, hee hee!