Array

School
    10th Planet Dawsonville Hotbox

Any tips about the reverse arm triangle?

I don't get to it often but sometimes when I'm going for a darce and my opponent rolls onto there back I can change to a reverse arm triangle but I've never been able to finish one. Any tips? I've been using a s grip but to no avail.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I'll be showing a version on my next video blog series, should be out the end of next week
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Well that was conveniant as shit.

Array

School
    10th Planet Dawsonville Hotbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    I'll be showing a version on my next video blog series, should be out the end of next week
    You're my hero!

Array

School
    In my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Yes! Gotta love the detail in that series, especially on a move we seem to be having problems completing.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    I think I have probably gotten the reverse arm triangle the most out of all the submissions I have ever done. I seem to hit it in two main spots...twister pass when in half guard (im on top) and side control while transferring to north south then back again to side. chris gives a perfect explanation in his video above. for me its all about using my chest to manuever the arm where i want it and keeping keeping his arm pinned to his chest.

The one tip i can give that has worked for me...if for some reason I cant finish it and my opponent is flat on his back...i release the hand off my oppnonents head and grab the back of my own head and lift my head up slightly. This engages my chest and puts all my weight and pressure on the trapped arm. Just something i found that seems to work for me.

Getting your opponent flat and the arm\shoulder trapped in the right spot (right next to the corotid) are the key...once you have both of these you should have it.

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    One more thing to note...I have a thicker build and have decent upper body strength. I usually have no issues squeezing and using my body weight to finishing this choke. My girls on the other hand rarely ever finished this choke because they are light and lack the chest strength for a good squeeze and pressure here. We changed it up for them and they only use the hand on the back of their own head now and have been finishing it reguarly. So adjust based on your build...if your thinner in the upper body than maybe try the hand behind your own head. If it doesnt work for you than transfer back to the hand on their head. You should have good control in this position which should give you the ability to go back and forth between the two without any risk to losing. it.