Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    It's insane that the same people that enjoyed that back and forth slug fest are the same people who think that Fedor should retire. It was a good match and I want to see Fedor in more battles.

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys
    Henderson finished Fedor with massive punches to the back of the head which are illegal and highly dangerous. Henderson should have get a point deduction and even disqualification if Fedor could not continue. I am not a Fedor fanboy but these are the rules and they have to be enforced. I am seeing more and more, fighters finishing people off with punches to the back of the head.

Usually when people talk about the ref stepping in too early it's a ground-n-pound situation where the bottom fighter is still awake but not defending. What makes this so fucked up is that it's Fedor going limp. I'm still shocked that it happened but it is the standard reaction to dive in the moment a fighter flops like this. The only thing that makes me question it, is that Fedor is a legend for his chin and over-all freak ability to take damage and come back instantly. If Herb jumped in to block Dan then jumped right back out... As a Fedor fan I'd be ok with it but I"m sure Hendo fans would throw a Canucks party outside.

that sucks... but hendo got that win and thats that. I've seen fights stopped over much stupider reasons. And this is coming from a fedor fan.

but for some reason I still feel like fedors got more fight left in him. who knows, its all up to him, the promoters still want him cause the fans wanna see him fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post
    it was a good stoppage. however i don't think fedor should retire. he still looked dangerous and i think he still has some fight left in him.
    He shoul drop to 205 IMO. He was carrying too much unnecessary weight.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    I think fedor got knocked but after he got knocked out the extra punches woke him up

When people say he should retire, I don't think it's from an anti-Fedor point of view. Even though Ali gets credit for being the greatest boxer he still stayed around far too long and took way more punches than he needed to. When people look back at the Ali story they pick thier own favorait fight to end the story cuz the real fights at the end are pretty sad and unnecessary. At some point everybody has to call it quits, maybe sooner is better than later.

Array

School
    10th Planet Costa Mesa
    a lot of people crying about illegal back of the head shots as if they were cage side. herb had the best view and that's that. side of the head often looks like the back of the head. no foul. no harm.

Array

School
    Zombie BJJ - RMNU
    Quote Originally Posted by Freddy Chavez View Post
    a lot of people crying about illegal back of the head shots as if they were cage side. herb had the best view and that's that. side of the head often looks like the back of the head. no foul. no harm.
    That's my excuse for illegal moves too...that's that.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    I kinda bet money so at first I was butt hurt. So I watched the stoppage like 20 times.

I think it was a good stoppage. The ref's job is to prevent unnecessary damage. Fedor was out. Looks like one of the punches woke him up, but if you look, even when he was turning over, hew as turning in slo mo, and he wasn't really defending well enough to avoid more bombs from Hendo. If Herb would've let it go a bit longer, Fedor would be out cold and would've absorbed unnecessary damage. Herb knows when it's over. And even though the fans would rather see a more decisive "lights out" KO, it is what it is. Fedor got taken out.

I guess you can argue it was a littel early, but not to the point that it would've affected the outcome.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast