Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Personally I think the system is flawed. I have sent countless pictures of me rolling and hanging out at tournaments and I still don't have a blue belt. I mean seriously, what's it going to take?

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ludington View Post
    Personally I think the system is flawed. I have sent countless pictures of me rolling and hanging out at tournaments and I still don't have a blue belt. I mean seriously, what's it going to take?
    Sarcasm?

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Chow View Post
    Sarcasm?
    hahahahha wow I thought that was obvious
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    10th Planet El Paso
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Should I start giving out brown belts at seminars to instructors who won't compete and won't travel to Cali to test themselves against HQ purples, browns and blacks?

Should I?

What yalls think?

I will if most of you think i should.
    I think that's 100% your prerogative. I don't think you'd ever give a belt to someone who didn't deserve it, and I'm sure you'd know in your gut when it's appropriate or not.

Here's some food for thought:

I'm pretty sure that if you happen to be in Rochester giving a seminar and you're ready to promote Chris, I sure as hell would NOT have a problem with you promoting him there in front of his students and his family vs in LA where none of those ppl will be there. The dude bleeds 10th Planet, and I'm willing to bet that if you were to promote him after a seminar in Rochester, nobody would complain. I bet they'd be happy as hell for him!

But that's just my humble opinion. Same goes for Frack in Australia, Mathias, or any of the other instructors out there. I wouldn't mind if you just so happened to promote them at their home gym, or anywhere for that matter, as long as you thought they deserved it. : )

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario Lopez Alvarez View Post
    I think that's 100% your prerogative. I don't think you'd ever give a belt to someone who didn't deserve it, and I'm sure you'd know in your gut when it's appropriate or not.

I'm pretty sure that if you happen to be in Rochester giving a seminar and you're ready to promote Chris, I sure as hell would NOT have a problem with you promoting him there in front of his students and his family vs in LA where none of those ppl will be there. The dude bleeds 10th Planet, and I'm willing to bet that if you were to promote him after a seminar in Rochester, nobody would complain. I bet they'd be happy as hell for him!

But that's just my humble opinion. Same goes for Frack in Australia, Mathias, or any of the other instructors out there. I wouldn't mind if you just so happened to promote them at their home gym, or anywhere for that matter, as long as you thought they deserved it. : )
    +1

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ludington View Post
    nice
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals

I can certainly understand this point of view. I hadn't really thought of how nice it would be to promote someone in front of their own gym. I think it's a valid thought.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    I can certainly understand this point of view. I hadn't really thought of how nice it would be to promote someone in front of their own gym. I think it's a valid thought.
    Good point.

K Madden

perfectly said. I think promoting at seminars is perfectly acceptable. If you get to roll with them, see how they interact with students and watch them in their own "world"- then it gives you (maybe) even a better insight to how they are. When they come to HQ/Tourney's the pressure is ON. And what I mean by that is- bad days happen. Every single one of us has been rocked by some guy we thought we would demolish.
    My luck- it was always when I had some hot babe there to watch me. "No seriously babe, you should have seen me at the last event!..."
    I mean look at Barncat, that kid put on a SHOW on the Cruise. What if he never made it to HQ? Did he earn it on the boat? I guess that's the big question.
    Honestly, it'll just require more work and attention from you Eddie

Array

School
    RailCity, St.Albans VT
    +1

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast